Jul 24, 2016
Exmoor
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Returning to motorhoming
Hi all,

After selling our Autotrail Apache 700se a few years ago we've decided to get back on the road but with a smaller vehicle this time. Seriously contemplating the Adria 640 SLX as it's just the two of us plus the dog.

If anyone has one would be interested to hear if you've managed to fit a small grill/oven as this is the only stumbling block for an otherwise perfect van for us.

Looking forward to getting our wheels soon as there's a big world out there waiting for us to explore.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hello and welcome to the Fun :)

Maybe you could start a new thread in 'Motorhome Chat' or 'Tech'Mech' with your specific question?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Smoogylady

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Exmoor
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Returning to motorhoming
Thanks guys for your warm welcome. Janine, will try that now, thanks.(y)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
:HelloThere:
From us in East Sussex and
:pink:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi and welcome lots of help on here good luck with the van.

Mickrik

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Cannock, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Apache 634
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi There..................and..............

:welcome4:

We have just put a deposit on an older and slightly smaller Apache 634U and looking forward to some good trips out with it.

Can't help you with the grill question but wish you well with your new MH.

Mick

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
we have the exact same layout in out Globecar/possl with no oven or grill we have decided to give it a good few months before spending moeny we dont need to, so far we haven't missed the oven and Lorraine has cooked some lovely simple meals.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We have just bought a Rapido V68, which is almost the same layout as the Adria (except the bathroom does not expand into the central walkway). Although it doesn't have an oven or grill as standard, the stock vehicle we purchased had one because the dealer had specified it.

Ironically, it was almost a deal-breaker for us - we really really didn't want one!! 'A built-in rattle box, that takes up valuable kitchen storage space'.

It was the same with our last van (the Chausson in the avatar) - the oven was never lit in more than five years ownership, but instead used as the medicine cabinet.

We have made the effort to light the new oven, but a remoska generally works well for us.

Having said all of that, I'm sure it would be possible to get an oven/grill fitted into the Adria. The 640 SLX is a nice model, which was certainly on our shortlist, along with the Globecar Campscout.

So far happy with our choice, apart from the oven. The fixed twin beds are so comfortable and practical - just have to get used to the narrower living space. On the plus side, it's a great drive, as I'm sure the Adria and Globecar are also. (y)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

OP
OP
S

Smoogylady

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Exmoor
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Returning to motorhoming
we have the exact same layout in out Globecar/possl with no oven or grill we have decided to give it a good few months before spending moeny we dont need to, so far we haven't missed the oven and Lorraine has cooked some lovely simple meals.

Think this is what we'll do, try without to see if we really miss it. To be honest, I think we only really used it on odd occasions for toast which we will be able to do on hob if required.

OP
OP
S

Smoogylady

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Exmoor
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Returning to motorhoming
We have just bought a Rapido V68, which is almost the same layout as the Adria (except the bathroom does not expand into the central walkway). Although it doesn't have an oven or grill as standard, the stock vehicle we purchased had one because the dealer had specified it.

Ironically, it was almost a deal-breaker for us - we really really didn't want one!! 'A built-in rattle box, that takes up valuable kitchen storage space'.

It was the same with our last van (the Chausson in the avatar) - the oven was never lit in more than five years ownership, but instead used as the medicine cabinet.

We have made the effort to light the new oven, but a remoska generally works well for us.

Having said all of that, I'm sure it would be possible to get an oven/grill fitted into the Adria. The 640 SLX is a nice model, which was certainly on our shortlist, along with the Globecar Campscout.

So far happy with our choice, apart from the oven. The fixed twin beds are so comfortable and practical - just have to get used to the narrower living space. On the plus side, it's a great drive, as I'm sure the Adria and Globecar are also. (y)

Rattle-box is right, had to keep a tea-towel in grill pan of our prev Apache to mute the rattle! Amazed at the storage space without having an oven.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Rattle-box is right, had to keep a tea-towel in grill pan of our prev Apache to mute the rattle! Amazed at the storage space without having an oven.
Yes, from memory, I think the kitchen storage is similar in the Rapido and the Adria - with three large wide soft-closing drawers under the cooker and sink. In our case, the middle drawer has been replaced by the oven, which then has big blanking panels on each side of it to fill in the gaps. To be honest, it detracts from the original design lines, but that's just a personal opinion.

On the noise front, we take as much out of the oven as we can for travelling, but still there are a few rattles. It's a 'work-in-progress' to see if it can be quietened some more.

One of the main reasons we chose the Rapido was that a comfortmatic gearbox was essential to us, and the local Adria dealer would have had to order one from the factory; whereas the van we got was in stock with the auto gearbox. Additionally, there was a significant difference in cost. If I recall, we were quoted about £52.5k for the automatic Adria, whereas the Rapido was quite a few thousand less.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out for you.

Mike

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Yes, from memory, I think the kitchen storage is similar in the Rapido and the Adria - with three large wide soft-closing drawers under the cooker and sink. In our case, the middle drawer has been replaced by the oven, which then has big blanking panels on each side of it to fill in the gaps. To be honest, it detracts from the original design lines, but that's just a personal opinion.

On the noise front, we take as much out of the oven as we can for travelling, but still there are a few rattles. It's a 'work-in-progress' to see if it can be quietened some more.

One of the main reasons we chose the Rapido was that a comfortmatic gearbox was essential to us, and the local Adria dealer would have had to order one from the factory; whereas the van we got was in stock with the auto gearbox. Additionally, there was a significant difference in cost. If I recall, we were quoted about £52.5k for the automatic Adria, whereas the Rapido was quite a few thousand less.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out for you.

Mike
Just noticed your post Mike and thought I would tell you that I have cured oven rattles in my Hymer by putting the metal grid on the middle rails, a bungee cord from one side to the other, over the grill,pan, and another bungee front to back. Result - total silence from the oven!

Mike

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Just noticed your post Mike and thought I would tell you that I have cured oven rattles in my Hymer by putting the metal grid on the middle rails, a bungee cord from one side to the other, over the grill,pan, and another bungee front to back. Result - total silence from the oven!

Mike
Hey, that sounds really interesting. Hadn't thought of that, but will certainly give it a try because it I reckon you are onto something! Many thanks!

Mike

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Perhaps I should have added that the side bungee is hooked to the lower rails to provide the necessary tension. I made up the bungees to,the necessary length and then attached hooks to secure them.

Hope it works for you too. I travel 1300 ish miles to Spain over a few days twice a year and hate rattles!

Spanda

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp

Mike

Well done that man. What a brilliant idea !

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
I just put mine in a cloth bag for life
and leave on the floor of the oven
I also keep my folding stool in there very handy for the top kitchen cupboards no rattles .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back