Raydarling

Free Member
Jul 11, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello All, returned to motorhoming after an absence of 10 years, I live in the Bournville area of Birmingham and will shortly be retiring, hence the excuse to buy another van. Blame Time Team I want to see a few of the film locations and return to the Lake district and try out some of the Forestry Commision Cycle Tracks and I do love Going Ape in the trees and using those zip slides..........nothing much more to say except I may try the Solos forum to see if there are any other campers who like similiar interests.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile: Hi Ray, You Tarzan Me Jane!!!! Only kidding.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have many happy hours of motorhoming.

Sorry don't share your hobbies personally .... swinging through the trees sounds interesting though. My daughter has recently taken up archery and bought her first bow .... wood or steel, wood or steel back and forward... but she is really enjoying it.

PS HAPPY RETIREMENT

OP
OP
R

Raydarling

Free Member
Jul 11, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanx

Thanx for the welcome Jane!!!!:Eeek:............sounds like your daughter has a compond bow.......wheels, metal and wood...........if she does like it, try and get her to do "field" archery....shooting targets in woods at various distances, 3D targets of Dear, Bear, Bison etc, etc. I use the traditional Longbow and try to make my own arrows.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Welcome the the Fun, Dearheart !

I look at those things where you go over rope bridges and suchlike in the trees, it looks absolutely great - but ... I could always go up stuff and across stuff absolutely OK - but then I just could never get down again even on a proper ladder!

But couldn't do a zip wire ever cos I can't bear my own weight on my arms.

So although I think it looks great and I'd really like to, these days I get dizzy on the equivalent of the hab door steps! :ROFLMAO:

There's a zip wire on a motorway aire this side of Rouen. Imagine my miffosity when a 2.5 year old in our party managed it - all on his own! He'd been on it with his daddy, then daddy took his eyes off him for a split second, he must have gone behind his back like greased lightning, dived up the steps through the other kids legs and appeared at the top of the steps and he was off before the 6 adults with him (of which we were two) could stop him! A French dad at the other end caught him ...... :Eeek:

What can you say? Round of applause, really !

I spose he might be a reincarnation of Spiderman, d'you think?

OP
OP
R

Raydarling

Free Member
Jul 11, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanx for welcome Jenny

I know how you feel about extreme pursuits, but after my triple bi-pass I was determinned to see if the operation was a success, so, I decided to do a few things to make heart work, Going Ape was one of them, horseriding, off road racing, kayaking, Ghost Hunting etc, etc being others.......think the operation worked, so, I intend to go upto Lake district and 2 more different courses with the Forestry commision......plus they have excellent cycle routes through the woods.............just need a partner now to help out if I fall off the zip wire!!!
Happy trails

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun, gosh you have made me tied just reading that :Smile: seriously welcome a motorhome is the perfect way to follow your hobbies, enjoy and welcome aboard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back