Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Van went back 4 times including a return to the factory in Germany. The factory return was a bonus as Burstner paid all fees, fuel, sites and gave a personal one to one factory tour for the trouble and fixed the fault in under two hours!!!! In hindsight the problems came in that I bought virtually the first van of my model in the UK, and it's a small volume model, think dealer only sold another 2 in total. Each issue they had not seen before, other than the number of visits which is only 30 mile away they were great, very friendly and helpful.

No faults now on van at last. One of the faults was 6 new wheels a common fault on Burster/Hymer vans (same group using same wheels), as mentioned on another post above by someone else.

Last edited:

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
5 Times in first two months, water would not go down sink , water went straight onto ground underneath from shower, over cab skylight was loose, twice had to go back because work not done properly, app. 500 miles in all. This is after the worst collection run down from dealer you could wish for.
New 610Flash, won't give dealer as have to have hab. Inspection done soon and worried whether it will be done properly.
All ok at mo???
Last MH Autoroller 200 Family same manufacturer but MH was fantastic and the dealer.
Fingers crossed

The DATeam

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2014
One, for a major repair. Three, when we passed by the Dealer on our way to/from holidays for minor niggles.
165 Miles original Dealer. 28 miles new Dealer.
Rapido

Deleted User
@Milliemobile : same dealer I used!! Had to ask the salesman to inform the MD that I would be taking legal advice if their after sales team didn't stop giving me the runaround.
Depressing isn't it, why they go out of their way to do the wrong thing instead of the right thing is beyond me. When we were there the salesman actually asked us if we had any previous knowledge of them and I was completely honest and said to him yes, your reputation is mostly horrendous, but a few people like you a bit like Marmite. He wasn't there for the purpose of selling us our van as we knew what we wanted, so other than getting it at a price I was happy with, he wasn't really necessary to the purchase and he realised that and was perfectly ok, didn't bother with any selling of gap, stain resistance treatment ect as he realised there was no point, same with our old van we were part exchanging, gave up on the it will cost us x amount to fix this change that etc, when I told him exactly what such costs would be as I has already sourced quotes and factored them in. How he would treat others who weren't as certain of their requirements I can't say, but could hazards a guess. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Perhaps it would be better if manufacturers cut out the middle man and sold direct, they could easily buy up a few dealers and manage them, they would also make more money.
Alternatively they should follow up any sales made by existing dealers using their own marketing department, to ensure customers are receiving proper service.
A dream??

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
New Autotrail, 450 miles. No need to go back (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back