Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Just back in the UK after another 2months or so In Spain, just below Taragonna. The weather during this period was hot with little or no rain.
We decided to try the Bielsa Tunnel again even though we previously had rain, wind and low cloud to block out the views on route. This time we had a feast of snow capped mountains, mountain streams and lakes, bathed in bright sunshine, along side the road making the effort well worth while. Exiting the tunnel on the French side we parked just outside, had a cup of coffee to allow us to spend time taking in the view, a real feast. The view remaind with us all away down from the 1821 metre height of the tunnel, to our overnight stop on the market square at Lannamezzan. The next O/N stop was at Uzurch, No 45 jcnt on the A20, where one gets a fab village and more interestingly- free electricity.
The trip via the Bielsa is well worth while if you are lucky, as we were to have the sun, to enhance the views.
Just out of interest the mileage from just below Taragonna to LeHavre was less than 775 miles .

Regards Ron W.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds like you had a lovely time. Why not post some pictures and remind us who have been in Wales all summer what the sun looks like::bigsmile:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
So agree, Jim. Sun what is sun?
You seemed to have a great time. Looking forward to seeing your photos.
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanttobeaway

Free Member
Oct 26, 2009
on tour
Funster No
MH
white one
Exp
only 3.2 and counting
Hi is there any restrictions for mh on the tunnel as i have never thought about going this way before and would like to give it a go

Thanks

kenny

OP
OP
R

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Bielsa Tunnel

Re restriction on size of M/H, no there isn't. On the way up I came across a number of 40 ton lorries that had obviously used the tunnel, mind you most were in very low gears and slow moving. Even for M/H's its a lot of 2nd gear work up and down but you benefit from the views.
The incline was severe inside the tunnel rising 157 metre in its length of just over 3000 metres, low end on the Spanish side.
Yes I will post some photos when I get them on the box, my first viewing of them was only last night.
Regards Ron W

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back