Return Ferry From Normandy

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sylvester1954, Jul 17, 2015.

1. sylvester1954

sylvester1954 Funster

Drifting back towards northern France over the next couple of weeks aiming to return via one of the three Normandy ports..Cherbourg, Caen or Le Harve. We haven't booked the ferry yet and asking if there are any "tricks of the trade" or so to speak such as booking the night before..is that cheaper?...turn up seeking a cancellation and which of the three is usually the cheapest anyway? I certainly don't want the horrors of Calais or the M25 . Thank you in anticipation.

2. wasp

wasp Funster

I would look on tinternet cos the price will vary all three will take you into Portsmouth I think. Brittainy Ferries is Cherbourg and Caen ,I always found them to be expensive DFDS do the Le Havre Route

3. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Internet booking always cheaper. Once had to just head for home quickly and bought at the port---very expensive.
    DFDS from either Le Havre or Dieppe. If you join their loyalty scheme you might find on first trip after joining they give you a free cabin. I found Dieppe easier to navigate/ better sign posted than Le Havre.

4. busby

busby Funster

Try L D lines,,Dieppe to Newhaven. 20% discount if your over 60 if you telephone them. BUSBY.

• Like Like x 2
  5. seanoo

seanoo Funster

i have a 10% discount code for brittany ferries if your interested? pm me if you want to use my membership number.

6. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    LD lines no longer run ferries to the UK, DFDS operate the Newhaven - Dieppe route probably the same boats though.

BF now have the Western Channel to themselves apart from Condor Ferries fast service via the Channel Islands.