Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have received the vehicle pass and a flyer. Do you need any tickets or what do you need to enter the entertainment venues please? I think this is for @Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have received the vehicle pass and a flyer. Do you need any tickets or what do you need to enter the entertainment venues please? I think this is for @Wombles
Don't worry the pass is all you need at this point :) What normally happens at event rallies (like Warners Shows) is that the vehicle pass gets you in through the gate & directed to the right area - a rally marshall gives you your wristbands either as you enter or when parking up. Sure @Landy lover will be along soon with what is happening at Retro.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Don't worry the pass is all you need at this point :) What normally happens at event rallies (like Warners Shows) is that the vehicle pass gets you in through the gate & directed to the right area - a rally marshall gives you your wristbands either as you enter or when parking up. Sure @Landy lover will be along soon with what is happening at Retro.

Absolutely correct - I have a big bag full of wrist bands ready to dish out - this will get you into most of the attractions - I believe there is a separate nominal charge for some of the Burlesque shows but all the evening entertainment is accessed by the wrist bands which you should wear at all times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There's so many acts on that not essential to buy tickets (must be over 18 & cost £5 each) for the Burlesque ("Spitfire Cabaret") on the Saturday night but if you do want to see this would suggest buying tickets as soon as you arrive. Understand that it is hugely popular & gets sold out quickly! Tickets will be sold at the main gate & the Spitfire Pavilion according to the website. If you are arriving late might be an idea to ask a friend/fellow Funster to get them for you? Don't want anyone to miss out :blusher:
See http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/line-up/the-spitfire-cabaret/

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Wombles @Landy lover
As a complete Noob to both "Shows" and/or 'Rallies' - forgive me for asking what is the procedure?
I doubt it'll be an issue but what is the earliest arrival time on Thursday... and what is the latest? [Indeed what time do you prefer?]
I presume I just follow the queue of MH entering the show, presumably "camping" will be signposted - and will then be directed to the MHF pitch?

Regards
Stephen

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi is there a general store there to buy milk and bread , papers????also what is the latest we can get into show on the Thursday . Amanda has a hospital appointment that day but we would still like to get there on the Thursday x Kate

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Wombles @Landy lover
As a complete Noob to both "Shows" and/or 'Rallies' - forgive me for asking what is the procedure?
I doubt it'll be an issue but what is the earliest arrival time on Thursday... and what is the latest? [Indeed what time do you prefer?]
I presume I just follow the queue of MH entering the show, presumably "camping" will be signposted - and will then be directed to the MHF pitch?

Regards
Stephen
We all were Newbies once so feel free to ask questions :)
I understand that 8.30am is the soonest you can arrive on Thursday but don't know what is the latest but @Landy lover will be able to advise us when he's back online.
You need to pop your vehicle pass in your window as you come in to the showground & the Retro staff & volunteers will be there to direct you to the RVOC/Fun rally area where the marshalls will greet you.
If you have never been to the Newbury showground it's just off & close to the motorway so the access roads are short, fast & busy! The good thing is that with the queues at peak time the traffic will be slower.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi is there a general store there to buy milk and bread , papers????also what is the latest we can get into show on the Thursday . Amanda has a hospital appointment that day but we would still like to get there on the Thursday x Kate
Yes - there is one general store on the showground plus there's a free shuttle bus running into Newbury (train station) & stopping at Chieveley Services where there are cashpoints, M&S Simply Food, WH Smith & WiFi so another option if we need to top up supplies (y)
Again sure @Landy lover will advise on latest arrival time once he spots the queries.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years

Hi Kate, i will have my scooter with me as i'm working friday morning and can pick up some things for you. The nearest shop is about a mile away, right out of the show ground then opposite the garden centre by the army camp.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
As a general rule 9pm is about the latest time of arrival - that gives you an hour or so to set up without disturbing others - what time would you expect to arrive ??

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
As a general rule 9pm is about the latest time of arrival - that gives you an hour or so to set up without disturbing others - what time would you expect to arrive ??

Would hope to be there well before 9pm
If not we shall try and find a layby somewhere . Thanks for getting back on this Bill xxx
Kate x

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Us Wombles are going offline now - we may have Fon at Retro with our new Solwise set-up but depends if the local hot spot is good enough :wondering: Not a sniff of it earlier this year at the Newbury showground but hoping our new kit will mean that our teenager can at least catch up with his friends or else we will have a huge 3G bill! Looking forward to this rally & meeting you all :hi: We are working as volunteers for Retro on Thursday & Friday so won't be around the rally area much then but will probably be the hot & flustered ones directing you in! :whew:
As well as all the great entertainment on offer here's another reason why we are keen for this to become an annual Funster rally - http://newburyobserver.co.uk/charitable-cause-behind-retro-festival (y)
See you there!
Karen & Alan

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
RETRO UPDATE

Weather is good and getting better possibly low 30's over the weekend
The show is massive
There are a number of water points around our area
So far we have confirmed 1 dump point will be looking for more

Incase you have missed it the post code is RG18 9QZ - as you approach the show ground the first entrance is the car parking area - the next is just to offices with NO ACCESS to the showground - the 3rd is the one you want - this will lead you into a holding area while your passes are checked - please keep your speed down on site there will be a lot of construction and movements going on.

Look forward to seeing you !!!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
...and arrived :D

IMG_20160811_174638-640x480.jpg

Beer not sliding off table, so no levels required (y)

Steve

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi ALL at the retro meet .We are selling our safari room which is attached to our van £350 and also we are selling a Kampa motorally xl awning for £200 this awning has only been used for 4 days prior to putting it up to day we have attached this to Steve's van who is directly behind us . Please feel free to come and have a look at them i f you are interested Or have any questions x Kate

If you are unsure which van is ours ask Phill our Marshal for this meet I'm sure he will show you where we are xx Kate

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
If you wish to see any of these awings just ask/shout/call and I'll show you where they are(y)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes - there is one general store on the showground plus there's a free shuttle bus running into Newbury (train station) & stopping at Chieveley Services where there are cashpoints, M&S Simply Food, WH Smith & WiFi so another option if we need to top up supplies (y)
Again sure @Landy lover will advise on latest arrival time once he spots the queries.
Hi. We are here at the retro festival and would like info on where the shuttle picks you up from please?

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Fantastic day was had yesterday so much to see . After a lovely meal with great company we decided to hit the town so to speak ;) The Black Hanger rock and roll stage :) first port of call and our last as we didn't want to go anywhere else because the music and the dancing was fantastic . I even got Bill on the dance floor ;) @cruiser you would have been proud of us . Fantastic night x
Ps not met many Funsters yet hopefully today we shall x

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Forgot to mention eairler I still have few of the Kent Telescopic Squeeze's left £4 each.
There is one on display on the dash of my van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back