Retro fitting cab aircon

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by spinone, Jun 10, 2010.

1. spinone

spinone Read Only Funster

Hi,
    Does anyone have any experience of retrofitting cab aircon to a Fiat Ducato or any other vehicle?
    An idea of the cost and also a recommendation for someone to fit it would be great.

Appologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I've searched and can't find anything about cab airconditioning. I'm sure I found a post on a forum somewhere, before I bought my MH, but now I'm committed can find nothing ! :Doh:

Thanks

2. gloworm

gloworm Funster

Try these, Leisuretech, they have a web site, and are based in Clitheroe lancs.

best of luck Eric

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

probably looking at 2 to 3 thousand pounds for parts and labour and some major modifications.

new compressor and mountings, drive belt and possibly a new crankshaft pulley, condenser unit, radiator, pipework, dashboard controls, wiring looms.....

not worth it really.

4. Robinhood

Robinhood Read Only Funster

5. shortcircuit

shortcircuit Read Only Funster

Believe these units need the output of a small power station to run and having parked beside one are noisy. Have you considered these factors and will you be in a climate that needs them? Perhaps there is a medical need but you will still need to consider previous.

6. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

We had cab aircon fitted Easter weekend 2010 by www.vace.co.uk He travelled from Northampton to Llantrisant and arrived at 0830 Good Fri,worked all day then stayed overnight in local Premier Inn.Finished by about 1500 on Sat.
    The unit was an Eberspacher Diavia and the total cost to us was £2164.35p.
    We have used it extensively since fitting and think it's best £2k we ever spent :BigGrin:

Mike.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010