Retro fitting cab aircon (1 Viewer)

spinone

Free Member
Mar 11, 2010
Funster No
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience of retrofitting cab aircon to a Fiat Ducato or any other vehicle?
An idea of the cost and also a recommendation for someone to fit it would be great.

Appologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I've searched and can't find anything about cab airconditioning. I'm sure I found a post on a forum somewhere, before I bought my MH, but now I'm committed can find nothing ! :Doh:

Thanks

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Try these, Leisuretech, they have a web site, and are based in Clitheroe lancs.

best of luck Eric

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
probably looking at 2 to 3 thousand pounds for parts and labour and some major modifications.

new compressor and mountings, drive belt and possibly a new crankshaft pulley, condenser unit, radiator, pipework, dashboard controls, wiring looms.....

not worth it really.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
In the past I've seen quotes for cab aircon around £1500 bandied about (and in fact I was quoted around this figure years ago for a previous vehicle).

A recent post here:

Link Removed

mentions a quote of £1650.

The following company do both cab and habitation aircon, and advertise in the motorhome press (can't vouch for them though)

Link Removed

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Believe these units need the output of a small power station to run and having parked beside one are noisy. Have you considered these factors and will you be in a climate that needs them? Perhaps there is a medical need but you will still need to consider previous.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We had cab aircon fitted Easter weekend 2010 by www.vace.co.uk He travelled from Northampton to Llantrisant and arrived at 0830 Good Fri,worked all day then stayed overnight in local Premier Inn.Finished by about 1500 on Sat.
The unit was an Eberspacher Diavia and the total cost to us was £2164.35p.
We have used it extensively since fitting and think it's best £2k we ever spent ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back