Retro fit 3 point seatbelts for a 590RL Suntor

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Iankirk, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Iankirk

Iankirk Read Only Funster

Hi all,

Just bought a Swift 590RL Suntor - 03 plate, and I want to fit 3 point seatbelts on the rear seats - has anyone any knowledge of how to do this. - or any companies that can do it. Ps its on a Fiat Ducato chassis

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. JayDee

JayDee Funster

I don't know the details about your particular van but from everything that I've heard (with one or two exceptions but don't remember the names) you can't fit three point seatbelts in the rear seat (I'm assuming you mean seat at the rear of the vehicle).

You certainly can't retro-fit in a conventional rear lounge van. Seat belts need a very strong steel framework that is attached to something as strong as as itself. So without removing the rear bulkhead and replacing it with a custom designed bulkhead there is no way you can do it. It is possible that you may be able to fit lap-straps if the configuration of the chassis will allow.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You might find I'm talking out of my **** in which case you will find out soon enough, but I fear that it won't happen:Sad:

John

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

As Jaydee says, also the anchorage points need to be aproved and no one will fit them due to insurance problems in the event of an accident.

Peter

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

The only way you could fit them is if it originally had some which have been removed, and the anchorages are still there.

5. Drew

Drew Funster

All of the above plus don't be tempted to fit 3 point seat belts to sideways facing seats even if there are existing anchor points as this is dangerous for those travelling in them.