Rally Chat Retro Festival Newbury 2016 (1 Viewer)

Spots

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
I'm a newbie
Did I see a thread or rally posting about this forthcoming event? Anyone organising this event as I Would like to attend. Missed it last year.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
You did - I shall be starting a new thread on this towards the end of February - we have the final planning meeting at the end of Feb when all the new plans will be available - what I can tell you is this is the 10th year of Retro- this will be its second year at Newbury as it out grew White Waltham. It will be bigger / better / more spectacular than any before with some world record breaking stunts going on as well as the usual things in the day time and 3 active stages in the evening. The club area is actually within the show so you will have unfettered access to everything. General camping is outside the show. More details as soon as I can - Dates are arrival Thursday 11th August departure Monday 15th August by midday

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are considering Retro Festival too as it looks great on their website http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/ (y) Like the range of music covered from 30's to 80's so something for everyone & lots going on & to see. The website says that they run a free shuttle bus to Newbury train station & Chievely Services so should be possible to pop out to get supplies or for a change.
Only problem is that it clashes with the Malvern (Fun) & Bristol Balloon Festival (MCC) rallies so tough choices but plenty of Funsters to go around :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Quite what's happened this year I don't know but I have heard of a number of events that all clash on that weekend. Retro is on the correct weekend but I seem to think there are not so many weekends this year (4) in August (5 last year ) which means quite a few have moved to the nearest , so for many it will be decisions, decisions

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Landy lover Do you know yet if the RVOC/Fun camping area this year will be near to a toilet/shower block & will there be EHU available please?

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
@Landy lover Do you know yet if the RVOC/Fun camping area this year will be near to a toilet/shower block & will there be EHU available please?

Not certain of the final location of the club area until the meeting but yes EHU will be available - water and chemical dump will be available nearby for certain

OP
OP
Spots

Spots

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Landy lover, thought I read a thread but couldn't find it. I put it down to over imbibing during the festive season.
Could I also have EHU. Thanks.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
There will be generators on site - no generator use allowed on the club area - The generators being used for EHU will be the massive commercial ones that are silent. You will probably hear more noise from the M4 motorway than any generators. Worth also pointing out that anyone not having EHU will be in farthest away from those with EHU to avoid long cable runs

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Thanks Landy lover, thought I read a thread but couldn't find it. I put it down to over imbibing during the festive season.
Could I also have EHU. Thanks.

Once we have all final information I will be able to send by email a booking form to all those interested - all club booking will be via me - people booking via the Retro web site will pay more and be in general camping !!

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Once we have all final information I will be able to send by email a booking form to all those interested - all club booking will be via me - people booking via the Retro web site will pay more and be in general camping !!

Hi Landylover:)
Could you please put us down as interested please...it sounds good.
Perhaps you could e-mail us also once you have all the info ??
THANK YOU:notworthy2::notworthy2::notworthy2:
Viv & Chris

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone considering how to choose between clashing rallies/events - it is possible to get quite a lot out of going to the Bristol Balloon Festival for the day on the Thursday (not so busy) with the Night Glow that night (usually) http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/balloon-festival-2016.122502/ staying at Parsonage Farm or Cotham RFC then off to Retro Festival or Malvern on the Friday so 2 out of 3 :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone considering this rally - the Retro Festival website is down being updated with the 2016 details at the moment http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/ but can see some past photos on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RetroFestivalUK/?fref=ts. Don't book direct as booking via RVOC/Fun with Landy lover will be cheaper (y) It was £99 last year.
Retro Festival are currently looking for volunteers to help out so that's another option that might suit some - details on Facebook page.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Updated website now live - looks good so far & says more to be added soon :)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Really enjoyed it last year and the year before but due to work only mananged the Saturday night stay. Could have stayed Sunday as well but all winding down and nowt to do.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Will be starting a thread on this with all the new details end of February. A couple of things to consider - there will be EHU at added cost. There will not be any private gennies . THE PRICE WILL BE THE SAME AS LAST YEAR !!! LOTS MORE GOING ON - THIS WILL BE THE 10th ANNIVERSARY OF THE SHOW AND THERE WILL BE ITEMS TO CELEBRATE IT !!!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Will be starting a thread on this with all the new details end of February. A couple of things to consider - there will be EHU at added cost. There will not be any private gennies . THE PRICE WILL BE THE SAME AS LAST YEAR !!! LOTS MORE GOING ON - THIS WILL BE THE 10th ANNIVERSARY OF THE SHOW AND THERE WILL BE ITEMS TO CELEBRATE IT !!!

Can you tell us how much it was last year please as we're going to book, just been on website its £140.00 for 2 with camping from Thurs to Monday

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Can you tell us how much it was last year please as we're going to book, just been on website its £140.00 for 2 with camping from Thurs to Monday
Think it was £99 last year with RVOC/Fun organised by Landy lover so a good saving & a central location (y)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Seen Si Cranstoun before he's brilliant and his version of Reet Petite and Twistin The Night Away is really good.
Youtube link below gives you an idea but sounds not great. He really gets the crowd going especially the jivers.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If anyone saw The Bevin Boys on The One Show on tv spotted that they will be at Retro Festival (y)
https://www.facebook.com/bevinboys/
The Bevinboys vary depending what line up they are using they can be very good or absolute sh*t, when they are using the younger line they are also good to dance to if you are into swing dancing.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The Bevinboys vary depending what line up they are using they can be very good or absolute sh*t, when they are using the younger line they are also good to dance to if you are into swing dancing.
Looks from the Facebook page that it will be the young ones (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They also have Si Cranstoun this year, I've seen him at least half a dozen times absolute perfectionist, can be a bit of a pain sometimes he won't go on until the band is perfectly in tune. He gives a brilliant performance, trouble is you get loads of wally's standing on the dance floor to watch him, they don't seem to understand dance floors are for dancing on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back