Retired! (1 Viewer)

Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
So that's it, work's finished after 6 months planning, have sold my carpet business in Cornwall & the wife has retired from the Civil Service. Very lucky in our mid fifties to now plan a hopefully long retirement, making up for all the times not together, when work got in the way - mainly me working weekends. Now have the time to use the motor home for what we bought it for. Starting with a trip to Stourhead & Canterbury, then back to enjoy July & August in our home county of Cornwall. First long trip, a month in Northern Spain, hopefully taking in the MOTO GP, from then the World & Europe is our oyster, as our bucket list consists mainly of places to visit & new experiences to enjoy. Hopefully we will see & meet many of you funsters on our travels.
Adrian & Heather

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Congratulations both, and welcome to the Slow Lane - it's much more FUN than the Fast Lane!
0dc4310cd7aae31b02c41f48e2858670.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
With you all the way! I took the plunge at 52 on the basis that we never know what is round the corner and I'd rather spend time with my wife while we are both healthy. That was over 10 years ago and we've not regretting that decision for a moment!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Congratulations to you both.
Wishing you long and happy retirements.
Enjoy.
Brisey.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
So that's it, work's finished after 6 months planning, have sold my carpet business in Cornwall & the wife has retired from the Civil Service. Very lucky in our mid fifties to now plan a hopefully long retirement, making up for all the times not together, when work got in the way - mainly me working weekends. Now have the time to use the motor home for what we bought it for. Starting with a trip to Stourhead & Canterbury, then back to enjoy July & August in our home county of Cornwall. First long trip, a month in Northern Spain, hopefully taking in the MOTO GP, from then the World & Europe is our oyster, as our bucket list consists mainly of places to visit & new experiences to enjoy. Hopefully we will see & meet many of you funsters on our travels.
Adrian & Heather
Have a great time and above all enjoy every moment. We retired early and now wonder how on earth we did things before.............

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Have a great time and above all enjoy every moment. We retired early and now wonder how on earth we did things before.............

Same here - now we have to keep a social diary for the first time ever!!!!!

September and October are already booked!

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Congratulations. Enjoy every second.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You will find that you do not have enough time to do everything, It makes you wonder how you got anything done when you were working full/all the time. Always remember, you do not know what is ahead if indeed there is anything. Seize the day. Do it and be damned,we were not meant to just work and no play. grab all the experiences you can.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Congratulations.
I could say that I envy you but WE HAVE ONLY THREE DAYS LEFT TO WORK!!!. Finish on Wednesday. We aren't lucky enough to retire in our fifties but can at least do so before state retirement age. Currently planning the rest of the year out and may even venture down Cornwall way later this month.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Well done!
We also retired in our mid 50s and life has been pretty rosy. We've moved house (downsized), had grandchildren ( not entirely our decision) and travelled.
We even spent the first part of this week at Stourhead. What could be better?

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
This retirement lark can be great if you have your health, but as many of us find, all too often as you get older, your trips are governed by doctors/hospital appointments.
I wish you a happy and healthy retirement.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Retired last july,never been so blooming busy:(:(:(.The wife has had me doing large amounts of DIY & redesigning the garden:unsure:.Think i might go back to work for a rest:whistle::whistle:.Having said that getting away for 6 weeks in sept to s.o.f & northern spain then onto the south costas & portugal for the winter( first time ,can`t wait !!.) .Enjoy your retirement & have many happy travels.chris & jean.

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
image.jpeg

Saw this on the M5, on the back of a motorhome while sat in a jam after exchanging pleasantries.

Made us laugh. As someone has said you never know what is around the corner so enjoy life while you can

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
Excellent! Enjoy. We have just done the same (mid 50's too) tightened the belts a bit and reassessed after a few things happened last year. I have to admit, I can't yet get used to having time to choose what I do, or not do! But I'm told it shouldn't take long! :makeup::Grin:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
View attachment 110338
Saw this on the M5, on the back of a motorhome while sat in a jam after exchanging pleasantries.

Made us laugh. As someone has said you never know what is around the corner so enjoy life while you can
I think someone on here has that as their tagline - same person maybe?
Saw this one in York in April, loved it:

IMG_4766.JPG

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Retired a few days back and my wife took early redundancy so it still feels like a fortnight so holiday but het, after that it will start feeling really good as we no longer hav to get up early every morning or be at any particular place at any particular time. Starting to feel fantastic just writing about it!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Retired a few days back and my wife took early redundancy so it still feels like a fortnight so holiday but het, after that it will start feeling really good as we no longer hav to get up early every morning or be at any particular place at any particular time. Starting to feel fantastic just writing about it!

Good isn't it?

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Funnily enough, I handed my 7 day notice in yesterday,tomorrow is our 30th wedding anniversary and on Monday we should be exchanging contracts on the sale of our house.
We own a flat on the Sunshine Coast of Eastbourne, and are looking at buying a villa in Spain and a Hymer to travel between the two via long routes.
I'm 54 the other half a little bit older, health is one thing you can't buy or guarantee.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back