Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
adventurus training week end wish me luck

well i put my foot in it last week end camp happened to mention that i was qualified in adventurous things:Doh: so talked my shelf in to a corner now find my shelf taking a load of cadets to brimham rocks at the week end for a bit of abseiling and top roping:Eeek: their faces Wier a picture last week Watt will this week be like when their hanging over a fifty foot rock face he he
let go or i cut the rope:whatthe::pray:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Who is qualified to supervise? If it's you Please please be safe.
I have lost good friends in their teens through climbing accidents and one lad in my daughters Scout group was killed in Snowdonia when a chunk of rock as big as a car came loose and fell on him.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Who is qualified to supervise? If it's you Please please be safe.
I have lost good friends in their teens through climbing accidents and one lad in my daughters Scout group was killed in Snowdonia when a chunk of rock as big as a car came loose and fell on him.

TRA full qualified been climbing over 35 years MLTB mountain leader winter and sumer TRA instructor assessor level 5 kayak coach i tech instructor's have been taking cadets for over 20 years :Smile: registered with both British canoe union and mountain leader training Bord thay are the governing body's for the organizations
difference between cadets and scouts cadet instructors are qualified scouts don't have the same standards.

i have seen them work puts the hare on the back of my head rise when i se sum of their rigging sum times.
seen me stooping them before a accident happens Meany a time
so don't worry there in good hands.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Bill

Missed out on 'green' stuff, its all been sent back if not already allocated to a cadet im afraid

OC has said hell let me know if any more becomes available though...so you never know

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Bill

If I can liberate some Fig 11 or 12s when I'm at the range next, would they be any good?

Also, have you a need for 5.56 or 7.76 drill rounds? I can soon knock up some inert ammo for training purposes.:thumb:

I also have some VERY old boil in the bag meals but I don't think even Findus would want those for their Lasagne!::bigsmile:

Mind you, I'll try some! If you don't hear from me, you'll know what happened!:Doh:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Bill

If I can liberate some Fig 11 or 12s when I'm at the range next, would they be any good?

Also, have you a need for 5.56 or 7.76 drill rounds? I can soon knock up some inert ammo for training purposes.:thumb:

I also have some VERY old boil in the bag meals but I don't think even Findus would want those for their Lasagne!::bigsmile:

Mind you, I'll try some! If you don't hear from me, you'll know what happened!:Doh:

any plum duff and chicken curry?????????????

they are awesome together...pretty good for medicinal purposes to:ROFLMAO:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
any plum duff and chicken curry?????????????

they are awesome together...pretty good for medicinal purposes to:ROFLMAO:

No, soz Bungy but I think I can find some chicken balti and fruitcake in butterscotch sauce!:thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi Bill

I also have some VERY old boil in the bag meals but I don't think even Findus would want those for their Lasagna!::bigsmile:

all that will come in very handy i ate a compo the was over ten years old last year still her it last for ever and will do for demo show then monkey see
monkey do
5.56 inert ammo just so thay know Watt thay look like are you still serving the?
you back from skiing then?

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi Bill

Missed out on 'green' stuff, its all been sent back if not already allocated to a cadet im afraid

OC has said hell let me know if any more becomes available though...so you never know

thank you i got a rely good supplier geting DPM for almost nothing and thay are very good not giving me the crap if you know Wat i mean thanks very much for trying:thumb:

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Bill

Just out of curiosity, why did you set up a new group rather than volunteer with a local Sea Cadet Unit that already had a marine detachment or was looking to add one. I'm genuinely interested being involved (on the management side) with the Sea Cadets for over 30 years

Malcolm

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill

Just out of curiosity, why did you set up a new group rather than volunteer with a local Sea Cadet Unit that already had a marine detachment or was looking to add one. I'm genuinely interested being involved (on the management side) with the Sea Cadets for over 30 years

i was going to but the nearest unit is 15 mils from me thay don't have a Marine detachment.
and that woulden help the kids of my aria
the army cadet's i was with them for over 15 years became very disillusioned with the way thay work to much bull.
the town i am in douse not have any youth organizations as such been working with local youth club but a bit naif got talking to sum of the kids their was nothing in the local aria of old goole and snath so that's how it happened i have reasonable attendance
do more than the army cadets do both the sailor stuff and the green stuff with out the interference of the MOD i use similar training syllabus as the AFC scc risk assessment EXT but can have weekend camps when and wear i want with in reason fully insured i have three staff management Comte parent Representatives AL staff enhanced crb.

their seem to be barrier between old goole and goole it is called the river kids don't seem to cross it and it is somthing difrent for the town.
don't think i would want to try and run unit in a sea cadet unit sum-one i know tred it ships gurd and to much interferanc from the manegment comity
he culd not do the geen stuff the co would not keep his nose out
so as it is a independen unit is the way i have gone

Last edited:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
well done

Good on you Bill for doing doing such a brilliant job. You will see from my avatar that I was a Cdo Gunner (29) Does the names Vince Jones and Lt Billy Dean ring a bell? old boys from 59 Sqn
Sadly nothing I can offer you bar for my support.
I know what you mean when you say that you can turn kids into good adults. One of my best jobs was training recruits at Pirbright for two yrs 1996-98. Great to see some smart ass toe rags turning into professional soldiers/#keep up the good work

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Good on you Bill for doing doing such a brilliant job. You will see from my avatar that I was a Cdo Gunner (29) Does the names Vince Jones and Lt Billy Dean ring a bell? old boys from 59 Sqn
Sadly nothing I can offer you bar for my support.
I know what you mean when you say that you can turn kids into good adults. One of my best jobs was training recruits at Pirbright for two yrs 1996-98. Great to see some smart ass toe rags turning into professional soldiers/#keep up the good work
i was reconecens troop.

think Lt dean was Field troop but cant be sure don't think i pissed him off or i would remember::bigsmile:
vince jones nope don't know the name.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Thanks for the reply Bill, I envy you having Independence!
Malcolm
it douse not come without sacrifices but i have the time to cross the hurdles only working two weeks in every six helps.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Some great memories from my youth are from my time in the army cadets so good for you carrying on the tradition mate :thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well its still going strong i have three staff fully functioning committee who leave me to it.
a portacabin donated by the local working man's club and another one on the way from a local builder refurbished donated to us two caravans at our training aria
more uniforms than cadet's we have seen them cum and go we have had fore weekend camps.
visits to so many places been the gust at various events helped various charity's from help for heroes to Yorkshire are ambulance.
my cadets hav been to York to collect a certificate from royal marine association York branch presented by a ex lt cull of the royal marines cant remember his name they were gust of honer at the royal British legion woman's section York branch,
wreath careers for the mare of York guard of honer led the parade at the gala and dune a demo with pyrotechnic.
smoke wat a few months its been we use the motorhome as female accommodation when when we go away the wife is now fully involved to
thinking of next year the gala committee next are happy for me to run a meet on the field but it is nothing like salt fleet dates to be confirmed
we will have to make our own entertainment there will be a big mark e but we may have to run a one of them things :Eeek:
so let me know if any one is up for it :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back