result!

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by mick noe, May 9, 2012.

1. mick noe

mick noe Funster

my carver fanmaster went up the creek a week or so ago :cry:After scanning adverts for a replacement I thought I'd have a look myself (35 years ago was electronics engineer and thought I'd forgotten everything I learned....but no... found a faulty transistor ordered one £2-00 from e-bay just fitted it Bingo working:thumb::Rofl1: Now I deserve a drink (smug Git)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

what's that then ?

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Well done, 35 years ago you might remember a spares distributor called Willow Vale Electronics, I started that way back in the 60's

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  4. mick noe

mick noe Funster

Its a unit that fits on the back of the gas fire that circulates hot air from the fire and also works off ehu. with electric element to create heat instead of gas :BigGrin:

5. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Rings a Bell, not sure if I used them back then. I used to go to Johny Birketts in Lincoln. He had a fantastic emporium of everything electronics.. Also used maplin back when they were primarily an electronics components supplier. I seem to remember a couple of other companies one in Tring but can't remember the name and I think another called Greenweld or Green something...

Happy days :BigGrin:

Been a long time since I did any electronics. I gave up after have a small tv and video repair company. It got to the stage where everything went surface mount on one board and it was always more expensive to replace the board than to buy a new tv/video machine....

• Like Like x 1