Result - Extended Travel Insurance with Reasonable Skiin G Cover (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I have mentioned the Nationwide Flexplus account and the travel insurance benefits quite a few times. We could for example extend the cover for a 90 day trip for £90.00. (That’s worldwide cover!) The snag I have found is that whilst it covers skiing it DOES NOT cover skiing off-piste even between runs, something that is quite restrictive, for us anyway. We are not expecting cover for ‘off piste back country’ (non-marked runs) skiing, but between runs in resort is essential. After much rooting around, wasting a lot of time and as a result I think of a recommendation on MHF, I tried LV and hey presto result! Annual policy for a couple, circa £125.00 (premier policy) with an old pre-existing medical condition and we are 60 year of age.

Extract from LV site
Annual multi-trip insurance is available to people 79 years of age or under. The maximum trip length covered on the Essential policy is 31 days and the maximum trip length covered on the Premier policy is 90 days.

Single trip insurance doesn’t have a maximum age limit. For customers under 65 years of age the maximum trip length is 366 days. For customers aged 65 years or over the maximum trip length that can be covered is 90 days.

If you have chosen cover for winter sports the maximum number of days covered during the year on an annual multi-trip policy is 17 days on the Essential policy and 31 days on the Premier policy.

I know there are various views on whether you need travel insurance but we definitely do for skiing and the issue was all other policies were looking to cover us for the whole duration of 90 days, which we don’t need and you had to start and finish in the UK. You can imagine the cost! I haven’t tried the single trip policy option to see if it is cheaper but I will be sticking with LV I think. Now off to read all the small print there must be a catch somewhere!

Would appreciate any feedback on LV just in case I have to use them!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I've often thought about the off piste thing but just thought Id have to crawl back on again!!!. We usually shop around for the cheapest annual policy but wouldn't know how good the cover is until we need it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back