Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Move to our road Mike, no covenant here - I checked before we bought our first van ::bigsmile:

Anything for sale up there Graham? ::bigsmile:

(Only joking - need to stay near Redcar for granddaughter's school run etc.)

UKMotorhomes

Free Member
Mar 6, 2011
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
4x4 camper truck
Exp
More than 30!
Just to clarify.. for legal purposes..

a motorhome, campervan, whatver you call it, .. no matter the size is defined as a caravan

LEGAL DEFINITION OF A CARAVAN
Section 29 (1) of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 a caravan is defined as

"... any structure designed or adapted for human habitation which is capable of being moved from one place to another (whether by being towed, or by being transported on a motor vehicle or trailer) and[HI] any motor vehicle so designed or adapted[/HI] but does not include:

This definition of 'caravan' only applies in the context of the 1960 Act, i.e. in relation to caravan sites and the use of caravans for the purposes of human habitation.

Use of the word caravan in other contexts is open to interpretation, unless it is qualifed by wording such as 'as defined in The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960'

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Just read with interest, I have no idea how enforceable or not they are here........In the US one of our homes there was no parking on the road overnight, no boat's/trailers/rv's/tradesmens vans allowed unless garaged no outside washing lines no fences to be erected without consent no colour changes to houses without consent and many more........suprisingly not only was it enforced it was adhered to and the whole niebourhood looked good for it..........I was aware of this before I purchased the property so I guess if I didn't like it then I wouldn't have bought there..........here my RV and trailer stand on my drive as do 5 cars no restrictions at all............I would not buy anywhere with restrictions I couldn't or wouldn't want to abide by..........just my thoughts of course.

All the best Rick

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i bought here because i could park things .here a corrugated shed in your garden is posh . ha ha . but i have a 34ft x13 ft garage . the whole trucn trailer goes if front og garage and ends level with house . can still get two more trucks on the front . i chose it well. every one in this street is into something trucks, custom cars,motorbikes, vintage cars, tractors . buses .you name it we have it . best road in uk i say.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back