Resistor value (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Has anyone any idea of the value of the resistor needed for a 1990 ducato heater motor ?
Only details I can get off of it is
Fiat/Lancia 8743OC 9370101 TY 937 then it has 90 followed by what appears to be a degree sign (º) followed by a squiggle ? then a 10 with possibly a degree sign .
Any help appreciated.

OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The 3 'springs ' on mine are perfect but the pot is u/s. I've looked at most of the newer ones & the plug socket appears slightly different. The first one on your link is 2nd hand & looks exactly like mine. & mine doesn't work .:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Yes the first one looks rough to be fair but while the connector orientation on the second is different the shape of the socket looks the same. Not sure what you're referring to as "the pot", a pot is generally a potentiometer or variable resistor and there isn't one in this setup. If you refer to the small cylindrical item under the coils I think you'll find that is a thermal fuse which is the most common point of failure on these items. The resistor pack generally sits in the outlet ducting from the fan and the airflow keeps it cool, when they get old the air flow can be reduced due to worn motors and/or dirt and debris in the air intake. This allows the resistor pack to overheat and the thermal fuse burns out, usually resulting in no lower speeds but the fan will run at full speed because that doesn't run via the resistors.

D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back