Residual value lease finance experience? (1 Viewer)

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
Actually this question is a little more general than the title suggests... we haven't bought our first MH yet, but have narrowed our choice down to favoured make/style:

- Used Hymer A-class
- First registered 2000 or earlier
- Prefer 6 berths but will make do with 4 to start with
- If 6 berth, love the U-lounge layout.

Now to finance, and the point of the post... I've been reading up on the Black Horse "Ultimate" finance solution described here:

http://www.blackhorse.co.uk/Caravan/Ultimate.html

It sounds perfect, as we don't have an MH to trade in (being first timers) and don't want to put a huge deposit down. It also minimises monthly payments as it micely exploits the relatively slow depreciation of used MHs (as compared to cars, say) --- so our thinking is that in 2-3 years time we could trade up/down depending on experience, but still start with a relatively "nice" choice.

Unfortunately I can't find any dealers who offer this package - even the ones who advertise themselves as Black Horse dealers. They seem to just do the more "traditional" HP solutions.

Can anyone help with advice/experience of this type of package, or offer any alternative ideas about how to finance our first MH?

Thanks.

--Andrew

OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
I did thanks --- I tried some local to me and that was the answer I got. The Black Horse dealer locator doesn't appear to differentiate between the types of finance package dealers offer (or don't) :Sad:

--A

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Your choice of van falls outside the criteria, too old for a start and frankly I would not bother.

• Choose your caravan with your Black Horse dealer. New and used caravans up to 3 years old can qualify.
  • Choose to repay over one to four years.
Peter

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back