LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
On a Workhorse Chassis, 8.1 litre Vortec Chevvy Engine..

I am getting a readout of (Change Engine Oil) it has just been serviced 300 miles ago,,

Does any one know the sequence to remove this sign/writing from the little window on the dash (Comp readout)??

Thanks in advance.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Have a look in the chassis instruction book? On our Jeep Grand Cherokee it's a user (owner) function, ie doesn't require special tools, as you say a sequence to alter it. If it's any help the Jeep system is hold the set button down and switch the ignition on, don't start engine, just lights on the dash, you never know, it could be the same/similar?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Take it back to the garage that serviced it.....?

About an 8 hr round trip (Slurp),, I have e.mailed them but not got back as yet..

Have a look in the chassis instruction book? On our Jeep Grand Cherokee it's a user (owner) function, ie doesn't require special tools, as you say a sequence to alter it. If it's any help the Jeep system is hold the set button down and switch the ignition on, don't start engine, just lights on the dash, you never know, it could be the same/similar?

Thanks I will give that a try.. :thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Tried that Dodgey,, when I pressed the button all the ignition lights came on though,, so must be some thing along those lines.

Thanks worth a try.. :thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Try ignition on then press the throttle fully to the floor three times?

If that doesn't work, switch off and on again and try five time?

No I'm not having a laugh that's the two options I found googling it:thumb:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f86/reset-change-engine-oil-15229.html

Just found this and looks a bit more promising?

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Link Removed

This one's even better and read down a bit and at the bottom, I likeld the low fuel query:ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The show of a service light on an rv with lpg conversion could indicate that some adjustments are needed to the lpg mixture setting.
Be worth plugging in an OBD2 reader.
My Hurricane used to periodically show the service light until the installer adjusted the mixture settings by computer.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
The show of a service light on an rv with lpg conversion could indicate that some adjustments are needed to the lpg mixture setting.
Be worth plugging in an OBD2 reader.
My Hurricane used to periodically show the service light until the installer adjusted the mixture settings by computer.

Try ignition on then press the throttle fully to the floor three times?

If that doesn't work, switch off and on again and try five time?

No I'm not having a laugh that's the two options I found googling it:thumb:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f86/reset-change-engine-oil-15229.html

Just found this and looks a bit more promising?

A Huge Thank you "Dodgey",, I had to smile when I read that,, anyway,

Went out and tried the three times first..... Hey-Presto.. No Change Engine Oil.. :thumb::thumb:
.....................................................................................................................

Thanks Larrywin,, the above speaks for itself,, Mine in actual fact is a little screen that says in words,, not lights,, oh how things differ from vehicle to vehicle,, Thanks anyway..
....................................................................................................................

That`s saved over a £100 by not having to take it back to the guy who serviced it.. :thumb:

Who say`s £12 is a bit steep for subs to be a member,, that £12 has just saved me over 100 quid,,,,,,,, money well spent I would say.. :thumb:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
OMG

Am I thick or what...didnt realise there was a specific american rv forum.

Also...lpg comment was good too..added it to my (keep an eye out on that)list.

In fact im gonna start my own service schedule list from all the advice ive seen on ere.

My hopes for an early start to my adventure are overcome with the serious problem of making sure the rv will sustain a long trip.

Geeezzusss am I glad I joined this site.

If I were a girl Id send all of you big kisses including the girls....but Im a boy so I can only send kisses to the girls...sorry guys dont be too upset xxxxx

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Kisses...............:Eeek:

Tinternet can answer, whether through here or, well where ever, pretty much any question you can think of, and then a hole load you wished you hadn't realised needed asking:Doh::Blush::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
On a Workhorse Chassis, 8.1 litre Vortec Chevvy Engine..

I am getting a readout of (Change Engine Oil) it has just been serviced 300 miles ago,,

Does any one know the sequence to remove this sign/writing from the little window on the dash (Comp readout)??

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Im a newbie so advice I cant give BUT to clarify this oil change warning....was it OFF when you collected it from the service and has it now come ON.
Im pleased the guru types here solved your problem but logically if there is a REAL problem developed since the service...you just switched the warning off without addressing the real problem.
Of course if it was there when you collected it or you took it in a few miles too early before the warning tripped then the likelyhood its just a generic timeframe/mileage frame warning.
Just a thought........sorry to pee on your fireworks......if there is a real problem then hopefully the onboard processor is sophisticated enough to re-warn you.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
you are so right

Kisses...............:Eeek:

Tinternet can answer, whether through here or, well where ever, pretty much any question you can think of, and then a hole load you wished you hadn't realised needed asking:Doh::Blush::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ignorance is bliss...you are so right Dodgey im begining to realise just how much work there is to do keeping this rv in order...after I first revive it from its 4 year sleep.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi, Im a newbie so advice I cant give BUT to clarify this oil change warning....was it OFF when you collected it from the service and has it now come ON.
Im pleased the guru types here solved your problem but logically if there is a REAL problem developed since the service...you just switched the warning off without addressing the real problem.
Of course if it was there when you collected it or you took it in a few miles too early before the warning tripped then the likelyhood its just a generic timeframe/mileage frame warning.
Just a thought........sorry to pee on your fireworks......if there is a real problem then hopefully the onboard processor is sophisticated enough to re-warn you.

The same engineer serviced it this time the same as before,, I phoned and he was not there but his side kick couldn`t remember him setting it or what ever they do..

It only came on as we got home after about 180 miles from picking it up..

As said it only "Say`s or did,,, Change Engine Oil,, I did check the oil level and also flicked the computer to read out Oil Preasure and it was as High as I have ever seen it. Not to worried as it only said Change Oil, and not low preasure..

I have now taken it for a run and it runs as sweet as a dream, no overheating, no rattles, no smoke, pulls like a train.. in other words same as before,, The only thing I can think of that it has always had regular oil changes and I doubt that after each oil change that side of the puter was ever zero`d each time and it is or was just a coincidence that from factory settings it was due for it`s first ever oil change.. Just over 15K on the clock.

So your remark about taking it in to early is probably right..

I had a Ford F150 Trident to tow a fiver and the same thing happened after a service to that,, the guy who used to service that came round to my house and sorted that,, (Not living in the same area now) did phone him and he was not sure about the Chevy Engine.

It`s good that owners/people can confer and swop idea`s,, helps a lot.. :thumb:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
good news

Thats good news all is ok. The 180 miles after service is more likely that is was in too early by 180 miles...specially if that tallies with the milage reading from last service or generic factory settings..ie the 180 miles tripped exactly 6000 0r 12000 etc.

I agree.its so useful we swop ideas and help each other. That little trip to revisit the servicer would have cost more than a years subs on here. AND you didnt have to sit around and wait your turn with the mechanic.

I have a volvo c70 headlights on all the time. I was talking to a dealer in a completely different environment and he told me to look at my light switch....yes ok then what....switch your ignition on...ermm yes...then you see the little grub screws holding in the switch to the dash....ermm yes...with a micro phillips screwdriver turn the bottom right grub screw anticlockwise....ok..then switch your lights to off (full beam is on all time on a volvoat the off setting)....then turn grub screw clockwise....ok...then switch your ignition off...ok
All done...your lights will now be off at the off setting.....WHAT>>>>why the hell do they make life so complicated....I can only assume the designer was a member of the resistance during the war.....

What is it with these secret little configerations...do the designers sit at home and rub their hands in glee saying..and we can charge them £70 per hour in labour charges for resetting that?????

PS if you wish to reply to this posting first go to the motorhome fun logo top left of screen, click on the motorhome drivers side overhead bed window..then tap dance whilst whistling dixie and juggling 3 watermelons and the reply will get to me quick as a flash....

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
PS if you wish to reply to this posting first go to the motorhome fun logo top left of screen, click on the motorhome drivers side overhead bed window..then tap dance whilst whistling dixie and juggling 3 watermelons and the reply will get to me quick as a flash....

Not as switched on as you make out "Harry" :Doh:

Tried that and it didn`t work for me,, but then I am a bit thick..:winky::ROFLMAO:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
dont you think...

dont you think this site is mind blowing..you have a problem and about 10 minutes later you have the answer.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have a volvo c70 headlights on all the time. I was talking to a dealer in a completely different environment and he told me to look at my light switch....yes ok then what....switch your ignition on...ermm yes...then you see the little grub screws holding in the switch to the dash....ermm yes...with a micro phillips screwdriver turn the bottom right grub screw anticlockwise....ok..then switch your lights to off (full beam is on all time on a volvoat the off setting)....then turn grub screw clockwise....ok...then switch your ignition off...ok
All done...your lights will now be off at the off setting......

'Arry...your the man. :thumb:

how can i thank you enough for that info.

i have a V70 and wondered if it was possible to remove the 'headlamps on' virus without going to see the Volvo doctor.

i'll give it a shot at the weekend.

cheers mate :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
All done...your lights will now be off at the off setting.....

'Arry...your the man. :thumb:

how can i thank you enough for that info.

i have a V70 and wondered if it was possible to remove the 'headlamps on' virus without going to see the Volvo doctor.

i'll give it a shot at the weekend.

cheers mate :thumb:

i tried this on my 2001 V70 and it dont work :Angry:

BUT.....a little simpler method does work.

the bottom right hand screw, or in my case the only screw (which has a slotted head, not a pozi), is turned anti clockwise....thats it...job done.

dont need ignition or lights on, just turn it anti clock and the 'daytime' lights are off all the time.

but thanks for the general heads up 'Arry

spider

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
AClass
Exp
oil service notice

hi old mo, just seen this and if you have sorted it ignor, i had the same had service 110miles down road and it came up, kept thinking oil leak and so on. rang the garage and he said no prob !!!! he said just turn key "no engine start" and push quickly gas down 7 yes 7 times . and hey done hope this works for you.:Smile: dave

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH