reset a lap top to factory setings (1 Viewer)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
@Riverbankannie Just opened LibreOffice Base in Windows 10 and it has an option to "Connect to an existing database" which, in a drop down box, gives you various flavours of database files including Microsoft Access and Access 2007. It then opens a window for you to select an .mdb or .accdb so it might work? Don't have any old .mdb files on this machine to enable me to check though.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
@Riverbankannie You've probably picked up on this but just to make sure you can download LibreOffice and try it out on Windows prior to migrating (if you were) to Linux.

Yes thanks, I did understand.

Today's task has been to try and change all the important stuff that I have linked to my email address as got a message this morning saying Orange soon to stop providing email hosting. My email is a freeserve one which has changed "owners" a few times since becoming part of the Orange group. As you can imagine a bit of a pain especially as I have forgotten a lot of passwords required to change the email address.

Also just a tiny bit busy with new granddaughter still in hospital so cleaning up my laptop on the back burner!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yes thanks, I did understand.

Today's task has been to try and change all the important stuff that I have linked to my email address as got a message this morning saying Orange soon to stop providing email hosting. My email is a freeserve one which has changed "owners" a few times since becoming part of the Orange group. As you can imagine a bit of a pain especially as I have forgotten a lot of passwords required to change the email address.

Also just a tiny bit busy with new granddaughter still in hospital so cleaning up my laptop on the back burner!

Hi
Yip, get your priorities right. Granddaughter gotta come first.
Can understand where you're coming from on the e-mail scenario. One of the main reason I went with web mail (gmail - even had that when it was googlemail in UK).
For a while I had previous e-mail addresses being automatically imported into gmail with an automatic response going back to the sender to advise a change of e-mail address. Seemed to wok OK. Don't ask me now how I did it though!:confused:
As for your laptop thingy good idea with the back burner, and I'd turn the gas down on it as well!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back