Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
In these days of credit crunching and belt tightening, I am sure that there are others like me that have started wondering about the feasibility of renting out their pride and joy. Personally, it would be as an absolute last resort - if the only other option was to sell. However I thought I would try to find out all the relevant info just to be prepared (I'm not normally this organised - I've been signed off work for the last couple of weeks).
Anyway, while there are seemingly hundreds of websites that will offer to rent out your motorhome for you, and do all the work for you in exchange for a massive cut in the rental fees, I have yet to find a site that gives all the pros and cons from an owners point of view, and I have decided to remedy this. With this in mind, I would like to pick a few brains...
I have gathered a fair amount of info already but I am looking for experiences in renting (both good and bad), reasons why you feel you should do it and why you shouldn't, any little-known regulations that need to be checked (e.g. are there any safety certificates needed relating to gas or electrics?)...in fact, I would be grateful for any input at all.
Better still, if you know of somewhere that already has all this info, let me know and I will find something else to do.:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Nothing stopping you doing it yourself and advertising it for rent here on motorhome fun.

That way you can possibly meet whoever is renting before hand, you actually receive the payment yourself and when they collect it from you, or you deliver it, everyone knows exactly where they stand.

You will have to read back through some of the old forum threads, but Ive heard some some horror stories where vans have been misrepresented, people have been told dogs allowed when they werent people booking a van and then not getting what they booked, if you do it yourself, providing you correctly represent your vehicle you shouldnt have too much of a problem.

Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back