Free Member
Jan 24, 2013
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
In between motorhomes
Exp
3 years
Hi, We have not long returned from touring in Spain. We bought a Repsol gas bottle & connection and were told we could get a refund on it at a Repsol garage near the French border on our way home but no garage would take it back for a refund. :cry: Does anyone have any suggestions or would anyone like to buy it or swap it for an English blue gaz bottle please? :Smile: We are in Shropshire. Many thanks. Judi

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
What size is it please? BUSBY.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
They are about the size of large Calor bottles, 12.5 kg butane and the 11 kg propane, sold a butane for €8 the other day, you can get them at car boots / charity shops or people on campsites anything from €5 up to €10 here in Spain.

To exchange a 12.5kg Butane is €16.32. The propane is the same price per kg, but less in the bottle, so it less to exchange..............:Doh: If that makes sense. :ROFLMAO:

Repsol do make a smaller plastic bottle, not seen any for sale, but the price for the larger bottles is a set price, the smaller bottles we have been told they can charge what they like.

::bigsmile: Bob.

I should add that Cepsa Butane are a light weight bottle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, We have not long returned from touring in Spain. We bought a Repsol gas bottle & connection and were told we could get a refund on it at a Repsol garage near the French border on our way home but no garage would take it back for a refund. :cry: Does anyone have any suggestions or would anyone like to buy it or swap it for an English blue gaz bottle please? :Smile: We are in Shropshire. Many thanks. Judi

Hi Judi, If it was me I would keep the Repsol bottle for the next trip to Spain, :winky:
For the UK you would be better off with Propane, you can pick up a bottle on ebay or maybe at some council tips, I gave one away at one of the rallies as we have refillable bottles and did not need it. ::bigsmile: I'm sure someone has one they no longer need, a lot of people have changed to refillable. :Smile:Bob.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I bought a 6kgs when I was in Benicassim in 2011.

I have just translated the bit on the rear of the document. It says
"el cliente podra en cualquier momento finalizar el contrato de suministro no domiciliario para consumo . en este caso procedera a la devolucion de el/los envases en cualquiera de los puntos de venta establecidos por repsol aportando ademas el ejemplar en su poder del contrato de suministro no domiciliario. en dicho supuesto le sera reintegrada al cliente la cantidad depositada en concepto de finza por el mismo por cada envase que sea objeto de devolucion.

Which translated reads,
"
the customer may at any time terminate the contract for non-domestic supply consumption. In this case proceed to the return of the / packages at any of the outlets established by repsol also providing the copy in possession of no domestic supply contract. in such a case you will be refunded the customer the amount deposited by way of finza thereby on each package that is the subject of return.

I only hope that the garage I take mine back to next month can understand my frustration, should they NOT want to give me my €18 back!!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We keep ours.. Run it empty when we get back and return with an empty one which we exchange when there..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back