Repsol butane (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Peeps,
I have a 14.5 kg Repsol butane bottle, as down here in Almeria it's mostly all butane (can't buy a propane regulator). Moving up to Banicassim next week and IIRC it's all propane up there? (I know the reasons BTW) Now the thing is half full and I'm too tight fisted to change it to a propane down here, which I can. So the question is, yes there is one, will I be able to change my butane cylinder for propane one in that area?
J(runnung on empty)K

Deleted User
I have a 11kg repsol propane bottle with a butane adaptor at 30mb, as far as I know the adaptors are the same. I had no problem exchanging an empty butane for a full propane in Alcossebre though all the bottles that I saw were 11kg.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Go to the Repsol depot on the north side of Castelleon and you can exchange your bottle, as far as I can remember the regulator(s) are the same.
If you are on one of the campsites in Benicasim they should be able to give you the address of the depot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
We are on a site near Guardamar on the Costa Blanca, LPG in this area is supplied either by Cepsa or Repsol.

On our arrival in Jan it was bl**dy cold and expensive being on a metered site, many Brits purchased a mini Butsir LD-668 estufa's (gas fire)

Link Removed

We were advised that propane bottles were not allowed inside motorhomes so we bought a 12kg bottle of butane for the Estufa and a 11kg bottle of propane for our extend a flow which connects to our RV's LPG system ( I understand that American RVs fridges must be run only on propane)

Now it is a lot warmer and we haven't used the Estufa for weeks, the butane bottle is nearly empty and it would be better to change it for a propane but enquires both at several ferretería's and the garden centre where we originally 'bought' / rented them from say we cannot change them :Angry: and NO if you return them again from where you bought them you do NOT get your deposit back :Eeek: so most people sell them.

Mick

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Just my tuppence worth

First of all you do not need to change adapter at all,unlike the uk the same adapter works on both bottles.
In 7 years of living here we have never encounterd any problems what so ever in changing our bottles from butane to propane when ever the need has arisen, so keep persevering and you should get there.
Good luck and all the best Trev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back