Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Where did you get the anti glare surround from please, I need one for mine?

Our satnav came complete with the antiglare thingy and a couple of different brackets for fixing it to the windscreen or air vents. Someone might have one they don't want?

Paul

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Where did you get the anti glare surround from please, I need one for mine?

Our satnav came complete with the antiglare thingy and a couple of different brackets for fixing it to the windscreen or air vents. Someone might have one they don't want?

Paul
I got a shade with mine as well but they are available separately.
I once asked the price at a show and was told £15 :Eeek: Put <7" sat nav sun shade> into eBay and you will find them from just under 6 quid upwards (less if you don't mind waiting for one from China).

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
OK.. I've ordered one.. (y)

thanks for info

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
I have a cheapo Chinese sat nav it cost £35 and is brilliant. It has taken us all through France avoiding peage and motorways right down to the Med. You can enter coordinates in all of the various methods. We have the Aires books in decimal and the Michelin campsite guide in degrees seconds and minutes and it is simple to change the format. It also takes third party POIs.

As for the Russian bird and speed warnings, see the thread I started on this. I contacted the vendor and got the free map update and she disappeared to be replaced by a 'beep'. I actually miss her a bit. Of course I have the speed camera alerts turned off whilst we are in France.

£35, why the heck would anyone pay 10 times the price for a branded one. Where do you suppose those are made?

KH

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Photo4x4.
Is your nose growing ?..... LOL "I have the speed camera alerts turned off whilst in France ?" BRAVE you !!
Tea Bag

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Good news indeed..
We always run two GPS units in the front..
One is used for finding fuel, gas, stops etc, while tother ( the MH Garmin ) is used for actual navigation
I would keep the Garmin and load it full of POI's :)

I run 3 satnavs. The chinese one as main navigator, a TomTom with every known POI (the useful ones anyway) and a Snooper Truckmate in case I want a third opinion.
The chinese one has basic POIs only (ACSI, aires) as although you can put almost any POIs on, it is a bit of a faff converting them so much easier on the TomTom.

The TomTom is not very useful for actual navigation until within a mile or two of destination, as it can't take vehicle dimensions, and is totally stubborn about recalculating the route if you go off track, deliberately or otherwise, and will happily take you 50miles out of your way just to get back on its original route.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Mine arrived today , a Noza Tec , this one.. at £42.88 Broken Link Removed

and to say I am disappointed is putting it mildly..

The screen is crap.. can barely see it in daylight and even with the sunshade fitted and backlight at 100% it is barely usable..

It was also advertised with Bluetooth connectivity.. I can't find it in the menu.. and the user manual says it is model dependant.

compared to my Garmin it is rubbish .. even my 8 year old TT is better ..

So it's being returned...

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Can it be loaded with third party pois and can you use lat/long co-ordinates ?

yes(y) edit- Sorry i see a similar response has been posted some time ago-I find mine very useful and don't have any issues with it at all. readily accepts POi's , screens ok and also has bluetooth which i don't use.Does warn of speeding too much but that's down to me setting it to lorry mode.

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Mine arrived today , a Noza Tec , this one.. at £42.88 Broken Link Removed

and to say I am disappointed is putting it mildly..

The screen is crap.. can barely see it in daylight and even with the sunshade fitted and backlight at 100% it is barely usable..

It was also advertised with Bluetooth connectivity.. I can't find it in the menu.. and the user manual says it is model dependant.

compared to my Garmin it is rubbish .. even my 8 year old TT is better ..

So it's being returned...

Same here tried one last year total rubbish returned for a full refund.

Stick solely to CoPilot now been running it alongside my Garmin for nearly 12 months. Now ignore the Garmin and trust Copilot totally. Can't see me ever buying another satnav paid £24.00 for Copilot worldwide on offer.

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Here sis a question - the Adria Vision we are picking up this week has a built in, sort of pop out sat nav thingy that was an option at original purchase. Will this have the vehicle dimensions in as it was an Adria option?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mine is a novatec and I have the bluetooth function. Are you sure you have looked through all of the menu @ScotJimland . At the far side of the menu there is 2 screen dots , click on one if them.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Mine is a novatec and I have the bluetooth function. Are you sure you have looked through all of the menu @ScotJimland . At the far side of the menu there is 2 screen dots , click on one if them.

thanks.. have looked but don't see.. but in any case.. the poor screen was the deciding factor.. sending back for a refund.

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
The proof being in the pudding, here I am travelling around France courtesy of my cheapo Sat nav. If you want to spend 10 times the money it is your choice.

KH

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The proof being in the pudding, here I am travelling around France courtesy of my cheapo Sat nav. If you want to spend 10 times the money it is your choice.

KH
I'm pleased you are happy with yours.. perhaps a different model..

in any case, the proof of my pudding is quite different.. and that is what matters to me..I can't use yours..

I tried it in the van alongside my Garmin .. the difference in the screen resolution and brightness was startling.. the Garmin is bright and easy to read.. while the Chinese screen was almost washed out.. I was really disappointed in it..

we spend $kkkkk on our van, ... so why penny pinch on a sat nav.. there are plenty to choose from a a lot less than £480 !

we all welcome a bargain.. but happy to pay whatever to have a decent sat nav.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Here sis a question - the Adria Vision we are picking up this week has a built in, sort of pop out sat nav thingy that was an option at original purchase. Will this have the vehicle dimensions in as it was an Adria option?
Doubt it we had one on our Autotrail when I queried the very same thing they told me it was a car sat nav@Geebeejaybee

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi ScotJimland.
Sorry to hear of y our Bad experience,if it is any consolation,a member on here,forgive me for forgetting their name,sent me HIS OWN,hard won print out of the Programming,it runs to...84! pages. A mates wife printed it out,as i threw in the towel,when what i expected to come churning out the printer did not appear... "It prints the LAST page first" how clever is that to a numpty like me !!
I am very happy with mine,i did notice that it does not go into,"Night Mode ?" when it is dark,or when i am in a tunnel.There is probably a note on page 76 as how to overcome this....PASS! Bluetooth ? wasted on me,never got it to work on any of the cars i have had over the years. I paid the going rate at the time,not quite double what you paid and i think the seller was in Glasgow.....( The Bar "L" ?) LOL.love mine,but as said earlier,i have barely scratched the surface of what it can or cannot do. Best of luck,if i DO get lost,i will contact you FIRST!!
Tea Bag
PS. "Bar L" Barlinnie jail Glasgow

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Update..
I may not have been happy with the sat nav but credit where it is due ... top marks to the trader.. no quibble and full refund

copy of email ..

dear buyer,

Sorry for all the troubles, we have refunded you due to this request, please check your paypal account.

Please return the item to the following local address, pls keep the accessaries if they are useful for you.

QUAN TONG UK LOGISTICS LTD
UNIT 12, Eglinton Trading Estate, Glasgow, G5 9QJ

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Update..
I may not have been happy with the sat nav but credit where it is due ... top marks to the trader.. no quibble and full refund

copy of email ..

dear buyer,

Sorry for all the troubles, we have refunded you due to this request, please check your paypal account.

Please return the item to the following local address, pls keep the accessaries if they are useful for you.

QUAN TONG UK LOGISTICS LTD
UNIT 12, Eglinton Trading Estate, Glasgow, G5 9QJ

Same here as well got a full refund no arguments no quibbling although did ask me not to put a negative review on.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I ordered a small Chinese sat nav just as a back up and for use in the car. It wouldn't work, kept freezing and bringing up the error message. Seller refunded straight away, with my return postage, no problem.

We need another sat nav so I tried again, this time a 7" xgody. It arrived quickly and is superb! It works in exactly the same way as the Pioneer system in the motorhome and that cost a fortune!

For £36. it is excellent value.

Ginny

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
In an earlier post,i had forgotten the name of the member who sent me the 84 page instruction book,he had copied and printed out,i believe it was the member Pwilmo ?
If it was,it is a magical piece of instruction....... if you have a Grand son who is,"Up to speed" on all this ,or you just happen to have a brain LOL. HE,does the Map updating etc,i can manage to alter the sound and switch it on and off.
Thanks to Pwilmo's document,i now know that whatever is wrong with it is fixable....... but NOT by me.
Tea Bag

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Hi.
In an earlier post,i had forgotten the name of the member who sent me the 84 page instruction book,he had copied and printed out,i believe it was the member Pwilmo ?
If it was,it is a magical piece of instruction....... if you have a Grand son who is,"Up to speed" on all this ,or you just happen to have a brain LOL. HE,does the Map updating etc,i can manage to alter the sound and switch it on and off.
Thanks to Pwilmo's document,i now know that whatever is wrong with it is fixable....... but NOT by me.
Tea Bag

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
I have the truck nav 7" which I am very pleased with. I saw the same model under a different name at the NEC show,the only difference was it had Aires and sites installed and the company was asking £299-00 for it. So I think our 40 to 50 quids a bargain. Ebby

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have the truck nav 7" which I am very pleased with. I saw the same model under a different name at the NEC show,the only difference was it had Aires and sites installed and the company was asking £299-00 for it. So I think our 40 to 50 quids a bargain. Ebby
That would have been the Broken Link Removed as it uses the same iGo software. The main difference is probably the dedicated hardware, rather than a generic tablet, so (like Garmin and TomTom devices) it doesn't suffer from screen glare like the Chinese ones do.

That isn't, of course, to say that the Chinese ones aren't a bargain :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Have been very pleased with ours once I got over the charging problem (which turned out to be a faulty lead).

However I always use an old fashioned paper map as well..... the satnag is great but will never completely replace the map - if there is a warning that the motorway is congested after the Awhatsit or Jn I want to know where the Awhatsit / Jn is and if our route takes us that way so I can re-route before we get to the traffic build-up.

I will need to do the dreaded map update at some point though and will need to do a search through the site to find the instructions again..... unless someone can point me in the correct place?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I use 3 sat navs in the MH. Don't have a map and SWMBO isn't great as a navigator so I find it the best way. They are a TomTom, a Snooper Truckmate and the 7" Chinese cheapy. Usually the sound is on only on the chinese one as I find it the most useful of the three. The screen is not as bright, but as we are an Aclass and drive with the Heki blind closed so as not to cook the dogs I find it OK. It is not mounted on the windscreen as I don't have 5ft arms. The sound is a bit quiet but it can be routed through the sound system via FM if needed though I have never bothered.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back