Replacing mirror on Peugeot Boxer PVC

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cal54, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

I need to replace the near side mirror on my van but can't fathom how to remove the existing mirror. I suspect that I may need to remove the remis blind casing and that fills me with dread!!

I have the replacement mirror (electric short arm) and wonder if there is any kind soul attending the Lincoln show who could show me how to do it? I do t want to make a hash of it and I'm not convinced my mechanic would be gentle with the paper blinds!!

I'm willing to tackle the job but would like some knowledgable person talking me through it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. Cal54

Bump

3. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

4. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

the blinds are not a problem to remove but you will need some sticky pads to replace them think there is just one screw on the back corner the rest clips in or has sticky pads i fitted mine and was amazed at the simplicity of the job screws may be under covers can remember now it all comes of in one peice no need to toiuch the paper blinds

5. Cal54

Thanks for your input guys, I'll take a closer look when it stops chucking it down!

6. papaken

papaken Funster

Just replaced my passenger side mirror complete replacement cost £99.89 and it took about an hour with the help of my son who is a body shop manager and knew how to strip the door panel off to get the electric connector for the mirror.
    The mirror housing is no bother it's getting to the connector that is the awkward bit without tearing the blinds

7. Cal54

Thanks @papaken , the more I think about tackling this job the more reluctant I am!! I have bought the replacement mirror but think I might book it in to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.