replacing mirror Ducato 2005

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dognewf, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Dognewf

Dognewf Funster

Hi, wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction of instructions or guidance on replacing the upper nearside mirror on a Fiat Ducato cab. One video on youtube but tells about taking out, not putting new one back in. Have the replacement and can have a go, but if i can get any assistance and hints it will be gratefully received.

2. jtp890

jtp890 Funster

If its a push fit, try warming plastics with hair dryer prior to pushing home

3. Dognewf

Dognewf Funster

thanks. i will try that one.

4. Tom A

Tom A Funster

Just done my small mirror. I refit the spring clip and just pushed firmly on the mirror until the clip slips over the circular bit on the back of the mirror.

5. rangitira

rangitira Funster

6inch nail, the bit that comes through you can use as a hanger to get yer towel dry

6. Dognewf

Dognewf Funster

finally plucked up the courage and now wonder why i was concerned. old one out was a bit footery, but i found the handle of an old bar b cue grill, wire that had holes in the end to slip over pins in the grill, perfect for slipping behind the old mirror, catching the wire in the hole, then easy to maneuver off. simple push fit dealt with the replacement, although i did smear coppaslip grease over the clips and mating surfaces. quick polish of the glass with WD 40, job done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. suavecarve

suavecarve Funster

Literally just bought the upper and lower section for passenger side ducato 2005 wing mirror. 20 nicker for the pair on ebay. Just leant the son in law the van for a couple of weeks in the south of france and I m flying back out there to take it back over with extra hand luggage now ! It was one of the warnings I gave him "Occasionally lorries use both sides of the road"

8. Billggski

Billggski Funster

Long arm or short arm?