Replacing leisure battery in Trigano Tribute (1 Viewer)

D

Durhams1

Deleted User
Hi

I'm an absolute begineer and have never used a motorhome before. I'm 57 and the motorbike is less comfortable than it used to be so the plan is to try out the more comfortable motorhome for a while.

I just took ownership of a 2005 Tribute. The leisure battery is under the front passenger seat and I was told by the previous owner that it is totally dead and needs to be replaced. I took all the side panels off but the battery is too big to slide out.

I've come to the conclusion that the whole passenger seat needs to be removed from the cab so that battery can be removed from above. Can anyone confirm if my assessment is correct? I can see anything about it in the manuals. Some of the nuts are at the base of fairly long bolts and I don't have the right length of socket to get at them. I don't want to buy any special tools if there's an easy way to do this that I can't yet see.

Thanks
Steve

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Steve.
First welcome to the Fun:thumb::thumb:

Normally you only have to take the seat off the box don't know the Trigarno but on most seats there is a Allen or Torx screw at each corner holding the rail to the box. Once taken out the seat can be removed or tilted over. Then you will probably find a metal plate screwad to the seat box, below this is the battery. If I am wrong someone is bound to reply with instructions for a Trigarno. Just thought if your seat has a turntable you only have to take the 4 bolts that hold the turntable to the box not the seat screws.

Hope this helps

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Trigano Tribute

Steve there is a site just for Trigano Tribute called trriby .co.uk
you will find all you need there.

Regards

Alf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
following on to daves reply in a little more detail.....

assuming your van is fiat/peugeot based.....

slide the seat all the way forward,

IN the seat runners, right at the back, are a couple of allen/torx screws...remove.

slide the seat all the way backward,

down the FRONT face of the base are two more of said screws....remove.

the seat is quite heavy and unwieldy so take care.

the battery may be fixed at its base with a small plate and bolt.

ensure the new battery + & - posts are the same way round as the original....makes life easier and no wires to extend.:thumb:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Durhams1

Deleted User
Thanks a lot

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies. Very helpful. I did suspect the seat would have to be removed but papajohn's detailed info has probably saved me a bit of effort in only removing the top part.

I also took the other advice and joined the tribby website.

Roll on next weekend and my first short trip away.

Cheers
Steve:thanks2:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back