Replacing hob

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Mags52, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

We love our MH but really don't like the hob. It's one of those 3 burner triangular ones and the high speed burner is far too close to the rim so that we can only use it on low heat or burn the edge of the hob. It is also a bit small for our skillet. I would much prefer a larger hob, even with 3 burners and lose a bit of workings space. How difficult is it to replace the hob and if we got our local MH service people to do it would I be better getting them to source it or buying it myself and asking them to fit it? What d'ya think?

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Mags you need to check what will fit :Wink:Then look around to see how much they are / you can get one for / how much they will charge you to fit it,and supply and fit-compare the two :thumb:It is a really easy diy fit -all you need is a jig saw screw driver and spanner.
    terry

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

you forgot the lump hammer and first aid box ... :Doh: :Laughing:

4. wasp

wasp Funster

If you take it upon yourself to attempt this little job, it may be wise to have an lpg gas installer to check it for you cos LPG is a higher pressure than normal gas.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

5. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

We'll speak to the guy that does our servicing ... wouldn't like to blow ourselves up. :RollEyes: