Replacing ceiling light with LEDs (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Our MH has all LED lighting except the ceiling lights. What is the best way to convert the existing lights to LED? We avoid using the ceiling light due to the power required (2x10W) but would like to find an LED option for them.
Any suggestions?

image.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have a look on this site: http://www.atenlighting.co.uk/caravan-motorhome-lighting

I am not sure if you can just fit replacement bulbs, you may need a complete new fitting. This one look quite good. http://www.atenlighting.co.uk/21l-sq-sw.html But if you can get a bulb out you will see what sort of pins it has. You can get G4 LED bulbs but I am not sure if that is what you need.

Our Murvi has a different make but without dismantling one I don't know what it is but they have a really useful feature in that they have two settings, the normal bright white light and a second which is a low blue light. Looks a bit odd perhaps from outside the MH but it is perfect for going to bed as it isn't bright.

Here is another site you can rummage around in: Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SomeoneElse
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Brilliant replies as usual, thanks guys.
The unit I have has a three position switch, centre is off one direction lights one bulb, the other lights both bulbs. They are G4 10W, so my decision is which size of replacement bulbs to buy. I'm wondering if buying two of the smallest and two of the largest would allow me experiment.
Thanks again order going in when we get home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back