Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I have a Hymer B544SL and the bulbs in the driving lights have blown. In view of the known problems with the headlights shattering on these models I don't want to replace the 21watt bulbs with traditional,ones as they create a lot of heat.

Can I just buy LED bulbs and use them as replacements or will they cause Canbus problems?

Thanks for any advices.

OP
OP
Xabia

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks for that. The Hymer has driving lights that come on as soon as you turn on the ignition and they are quoted as being 21 watt. Some people have replaced with a lower watt bulb to keep the heat down but I prefer an LED of equivalent power.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Thanks for that. The Hymer has driving lights that come on as soon as you turn on the ignition and they are quoted as being 21 watt. Some people have replaced with a lower watt bulb to keep the heat down but I prefer an LED of equivalent power.
They are DRL rather than driving lights. Daylight Running Lights (y):)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
changed mine last month, including losing a bulb into the housing, you really couldn't make it up

my Mercedes chassis is 06/07 and although it has canbus the LED bulbs bought from my local motor factors do not bring up any errors, cost £5 / pair, look nice as well as not being hot

not only do they get hot behind the glass even the bulb holders were going brown

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...hing-complicated-to-do-led-drl-update.122148/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back