Free Member
May 12, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK
Exp
since 2011
We have an old Elddis Autostratus CK (1997), and it is mostly in very good nick (only 30k on the clock), but unfortunately the blinds are starting to go. A skylight one has completely broken, and a couple of the larger window ones look like they are going to break at any moment.

I've tried googling (and searching on here), but I am none the wiser as to the best way of repairing/replacing blinds from such an old model. Any pointers would be much appreciated :)

cheers,

Tom

OP
OP
Tom Lurk

Tom Lurk

Free Member
May 12, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK
Exp
since 2011
i should add that i am not the most practical person around, so I think DIY replacement might be a stretch ;)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi I cannot help but a reply with bump you back to the top so hopefully someone more knowledgeable would be able to assist

The are numerous trade funsters that are on the forum. Dave Newell at Telford is one, very knowledgeable.

Give him a bell and he may be able to assist or at least recommend a suitable company to assist

He has an advert on the home page (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the roller springs can be re-tensioned and the clips are available as service parts. My advice would be to buy the parts online, and if you really cannot fit them yourself get a mobile caravan engineer to do the job for you. much cheaper than getting a dealership to do the job

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi,Tom I have replaced a good few blinds over the years try Leisureshopdirect they carry a massive stock measure first and they will give you a quote, I have tried restringing and gave up as the more you mess with them the less they last(y)

OP
OP
Tom Lurk

Tom Lurk

Free Member
May 12, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK
Exp
since 2011
these ones definitely need replacing rather than re-stringing as the material itself is fraying at the top where it meets the plastic fitting. need a reversing camera fitted too (another thread hahaha) so perhaps i can get the same guy to fit both once i have ordered them. many thanks for your help :)

OP
OP
Tom Lurk

Tom Lurk

Free Member
May 12, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK
Exp
since 2011
sorry more newbie questions! attached is a pic of the damaged blind.

when replacing it, am i just buying a roll of material to fit the original fittings, or am i buying a whole new fitting? :)

Attachments

• 20160513_120735.jpg
    20160513_120735.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 33

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
sorry more newbie questions! attached is a pic of the damaged blind.

when replacing it, am i just buying a roll of material to fit the original fittings, or am i buying a whole new fitting? :)

The new cassette blinds come as a complete uint..

blind and net blind, top, sides and bottom rails..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back