Replacement tyres - Advice needed (1 Viewer)

spindrifter

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
Funster No
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
post_corner.gif

Hi Everyone,

The tyres on "The Truck" have just started to show small cracks on the walls and need replacing. They are Mitchlin Camper 215/75R16C.

I should appreciate advice on whether to replace with same or is there an alternative.

Also, best place to buy.

Many thanks

David ..... (Spindrifter)

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we had the same problem with ours plenty of tread but small cracks on the walls. if you go on line and look at tyre express we got ours from them and saved a lot of money . mind you look out we put new ones on and a week later traded the van in for another one :Blush:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi David

There are more tyres out there than you can shake a stick at. Do a web seach and they will jump out and take your arm off. As long as there the same size, speed rating and load index they will be ok.

Some people seem to have a lot of knowledge concerning a particular tyre that has served them well and I'm sure they will be along soon.

I had one Mitchellin Camping tyre fitted and it blew out on me within a week. I have mostly hancooks and they perform ok for me.

Jim
:Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i just put some tigars on my mitzy same size. 58 quid each fitted .i did see some for less when i googled ..mytyres .goodride 43.10delivered or 57.10 fitted. so i bought local in staustell fitted for 58 at our local tyre services hi q tyres. they arent quite michelin and are made in serbia. hope they are as strong as there women. you pay your money take your choice. cheers alan.

malcy

Free Member
Aug 24, 2009
Funster No
Tyres

I've just had to replace 3 tyres on my motorhome due to weak walls. They were only two years old but one went flat and another blebbed, but the tread was absolutely fine.
Have relaced them with tyres called Cargo Speed from ATS tyre company. They are the appropriate tyre but are a budget tyre and cost £65 each all in and fitted. I'm sure rhey will be fine for the next few years.

Malcy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Just had to replace 4 tyres on my van thanks to a local yob with a Knife and a brain cell,(a lonely one). They were Contis and probably 6 years old, 2004 registered van, and there were no cracks on the side walls visible even when sitting deflated.

Insurance replaced on a like for like basis and that suits me fine. Loads of confidence in the product after seeing the old tyres in a deflated state.

IMHO, Mitchies are over priced and over rated, living on past glories, but this is in the heavy truck world, no personal experience for light vans.

Regards, Derek.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hankooks work for me, far better wet weather grip than michelins and the ride's comfier.

regards...nige

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
like i said i put6 on my mittzy ,tigars from serbia. i did workfor michelin for a while yet i always prefered uniroyal tyres. i think there is alot of fairly good tyres coming in from places we couldnt get them from years ago. it does seem like the premium makes arent lastimg as long as we would like considering the price differance. i did have avons on when i bought it ,at 3 yrs old two had broken their cases and were deformed. so if i get 3 yrs from the cheap ones i,ll be happy.cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back