Replacement rv keys

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Jan Pendreigh, May 16, 2008.

  1. Jan Pendreigh

    Jan Pendreigh Read Only Funster

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2008
    Messages:
    195
    Likes Received:
    0
    We lost a key to the rv and have tried loads of locksmiths to get a replacement, but no blanks were available. Today in Peterborough with nothing better to do went into Timpsons and they have a machine which can make any blank (from a key) and cut a key for you. £12 and takes about 15 minutes and they have these machines in several branches around the country.
    Jan
     
  2. American Dream

    American Dream Read Only Funster

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2007
    Messages:
    6,489
    Likes Received:
    154
    Location:
    Lincoln
    That's brill Jan.

    Can they make any key from an original?

    I have been looking to have some spares made up for the RV but they are as scarce as "Hen's Teeth" :thumb:
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. Jan Pendreigh

    Jan Pendreigh Read Only Funster

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2008
    Messages:
    195
    Likes Received:
    0
    Think so, they put the original key into a slot and it was 'read' up and down, then they put a huge blank into the machine and this was 'shaved' then cut. Fascinating. Maybe they have a website?
    Jan
     
  4. American Dream

    American Dream Read Only Funster

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2007
    Messages:
    6,489
    Likes Received:
    154
    Location:
    Lincoln
    Sounds a very good price if that's the case.:thumb:

    I'll take a look.
     
  5. Geo

    Geo Trader - Funster

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2007
    Messages:
    9,544
    Likes Received:
    5,596
    Location:
    Mansfield,Notts
    "Shaved":Eeek: they do hairy keys too:Eek!::Eek!::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Geo
     
  6. American Dream

    American Dream Read Only Funster

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2007
    Messages:
    6,489
    Likes Received:
    154
    Location:
    Lincoln
    Never seen a hairy key.

    Do you have a pic of one?:Eeek:

    Perhaps they are for lockable sporrans or something else.....:Eeek:

    Sorry.:Doh:Having too much FUN now.[​IMG]
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  7. RuthRv

    RuthRv Read Only Funster

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2008
    Messages:
    869
    Likes Received:
    2
    jan thanks for this info been on the site found one near us going to go and get some cut, before hubby breaks the last spare:BigGrin: that we have apparently they can do 98.8% while you wait and can still do the other 1.2% but you have to leave the keys for a couple of days, so as long as you have a key they can cut it
    great:thumb:will let you know geo if they do hairy keys:Rofl1:

    ruth
     
  8. Geo

    Geo Trader - Funster

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2007
    Messages:
    9,544
    Likes Received:
    5,596
    Location:
    Mansfield,Notts
    I've seen Tony in action, see if you can buy shares in the company as well while your there:Doh:
    Geo
     
  9. RuthRv

    RuthRv Read Only Funster

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2008
    Messages:
    869
    Likes Received:
    2
    never mind shares!!! i want to buy the machine could make a fortune, but I bet the machine ain't cheap, fancy 50-50 :Rofl1::Rofl1:
    ruth
     
Loading...
Similar Threads
  1. Sarahchris
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    169

Share This Page