Replacement mattress (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Been looking for a while to sort out our fixed bed mattress, tried toppers didn't work so went looking at a new mattress, flamin expensive option to say the least.:eek:

And then stumbled across this on Amazon, ordered Sunday evening turned up today. Cut the corner off to fit and in it went, haven't slept on it yet but its definatley more comfortable than the last one with a topper(y)

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
So don't keep us in suspense ...........what's it like ? Comfy or what ? :)
Perfic timing that question is(y)

Just coming to then end of a 15night trip, and had 4 nights the weekend before we started off and the conclusion is.....a good buy (or should that be bye-byes?)

Slept a whole lot better and not waking up with backache is a god send, and none of the heat build up that we had with a topper previously:)

So definately pleased...and saved 20kg in weight too from the previous mattress and topper combination(y)!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
(y) Thanks Bungy just what I needed to know. Find our existing one very hard.
No problem with the cut off bit then?
:rolleyes: Am now going out with measuring tape.

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Nah, it comes in a zipped cover so you take that off, lob off the corner and the put it back in the cover and pinned the flying corner underneath.

And you can just glue the corner bit on again if needs be an bobs your uncle and all that.

Im quite picky with mattreses due to chronic back problems but this one works great. They have newerbones listed now which are seven zone...so might be better still

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I find the existing one on our moho bed (Pilote) seems to give me no support whatsoever and I hardly ever get a good night's sleep.

How deep are they?

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Sizes take some finding but still no idea of how deep (n)

Last edited:

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
As someone who managed to break his pelvis in four places many years ago I suffer with a dodgy back if I don't look after it. I would recommend the Froli system for both comfort and solving any condensation problems. Broken Link Removed

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
bungy how flexible are they........ having done the measuring I find a normal 4'6" one will be 2cm longer and 2cm wider than existing !
Don't want to buy smaller 'cos them lockers very draughty :Eeek:
thanks for the info :clap2:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Been looking for a while to sort out our fixed bed mattress, tried toppers didn't work so went looking at a new mattress, flamin expensive option to say the least.:eek:

And then stumbled across this on Amazon, ordered Sunday evening turned up today. Cut the corner off to fit and in it went, haven't slept on it yet but its definatley more comfortable than the last one with a topper(y)

About time you bought something other than bloody CHAIRS.
Mind you a round of drinks wouldn't go amiss either.

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
bungy how flexible are they........ having done the measuring I find a normal 4'6" one will be 2cm longer and 2cm wider than existing !
Don't want to buy smaller 'cos them lockers very draughty :Eeek:
thanks for the info :clap2:
Sounds like its the same sized mattress as ours was and the new one bwing a bit bigger has solved the very same problem...drafts!!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
As someone who managed to break his pelvis in four places many years ago I suffer with a dodgy back if I don't look after it. I would recommend the Froli system for both comfort and solving any condensation problems. Broken Link Removed

Agree...what goes underneath as important as the mattress itself

Cheaper to order from Germany I believe....

TrickyDicky123

Free Member
Oct 19, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
17 years
Can someone please tell me if the mattress generates much heat? I have heard memory foam is very warm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back