replacement lock unit

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Phill D, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Phill D

Phill D

Hi all,

I am looking for a replacement lock unit for my Adria motorhome.
    I have been sufficiently ham fisted to bust the lock mechanism. :Doh:
    I have put a temporary replacement in place but want to replace the unit so i can keep the same existing key for all locks. so want to find a lock unit to fit my key, which i have the number for.

I have attached a photo of the lock unit i wish to replace along with the key type for your information.

I hope someone is able to help, or am i resigned to using a separate key for this locker.

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

a locksmith will be able to swap the "guts" of the broken lock with your replacement. dependent upon make, the master key for removing the lock guts may also be available on eBay. worrying i know, but using a specially cut key, you just put it in, turn and pull out the metal lock part:Eeek: then push in the replacement

3. Phill D

Phill D

thanks i have a look at that, what i have done is broken off one of the locating pegs at the rear of the tumbler which turns the actual lever which locates in the lock receiver.

our Deal gave me a new lock and key ( which was good of him and helpful) but i want to keep the same key if possible.

i'll see what i can do about swapping the guts of the lock.

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

5. Phill D

Phill D

6. aba

aba

at the rear of the old unit there may be a clip or some lock units have a small hole at the opposite end to where the key goes, into which you gently push a straightened out paper clip which releases the last tumbler with the key in the barrel you may be able to get the old guts out without damage then you just swap the guts out of the dealer supplied unit.

7. Phill D

Phill D

thanks for that , i am able to take the tumbler out ans swap as a whole but cant see any way of taking out and moving the guts to keep the key.

but i will keep at it.