Replacement Leisure Batteries (1 Viewer)

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Our l/b's need renewing, and having looked around locally, the prices are quite high. We have traced two suppliers on E-bay, and wonder if any funsters have traded with either, they do appear to ofer very keen prices.

They are:

Car Batteries Direct, Manchester area.

Alpha Batteries, Rochdale area.

Both offer free delivery and four year guarantees.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance:thumb:

Nomadic

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Check out what John Cross can offer you first.. As a Funster you get a worthwhile discount and you KNOW 100% the batteries are notsome cheapo Chinese crap :Smile:

Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp
Check out what John Cross can offer you first.. As a Funster you get a worthwhile discount and you KNOW 100% the batteries are notsome cheapo Chinese crap :Smile:

But collection only

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I bought six of these about a year ago:

Link Removed

They seem to be good quality, they've had a hard life and are still working perfectly.

I'm going to buy three more in the next couple of weeks, so that must be a recommendation!

:Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Now THEY seem like a bargain !!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I bought six of these about a year ago:

Link Removed

They seem to be good quality, they've had a hard life and are still working perfectly.

I'm going to buy three more in the next couple of weeks, so that must be a recommendation!

:Smile:

WOW, that's a blast from the past, which olde farte hasn't seen Joseph Lucas stamped on the side of some failed bit of car electrics.

But that looks excellent on paper. Especially the 70% discharge which buys you a whole lot of extra time.

I remember a big battery plant in the Irwell Valley at Clayton, I wonder if this is connected. It would be nice if we still made something in the area.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I have a bank of three on my work van.

They are used heavily every day, running an Eberspacher, fluorescent lights, laptop, kettle and various other pieces of equipment. Several times they were discharged (accidentally, due to a faulty relay) deeply enough for the inverter to cut out but they are still going strong and holding a full charge.

:thumb:

Hybrids

Free Member
Aug 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
I remember a big battery plant in the Irwell Valley at Clayton, I wonder if this is connected. It would be nice if we still made something in the area.

Unfortuantly not, they are sourced from Korea.
The Lucas license holder does use the Lucas label on some Varta plain product, but not the Leisure.

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Hi got a battery from www.tayna.co.uk ordered it in the snow and it arrived the next day, really good quality excellent fast delivery. Great price, ring them up and try for a better price, never hurts to ask.:thumb:

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
i'd second tanya batteries, i got my big 6 volters from them, cost me 100 quid each (they are the US batteries, 6 volt, 232AH) i got a little discount and free next day delivery on a pallet which would cost 45 quid,

so deffo phone or e-mail them and see what they can do, especialy if your buying a few t once.... or get together with other people on here after and do a bulk buy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back