Replacement gearknob - 2005 Peugeot Boxer base (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
After 10 years the gear knob has divorced the gear lever! The thread inside the gear knob has disintegrated and is beyond repair, mainly because I have no DIY skills.

I ordered a non Peugeot replacement from eBay and the quality was dire. The gear knob had been formed but had not been machine/finished and would lacerate your hands if you tried to change gear. It is now resting in the recycling bin at the local dump!!

Any idea as to where I can source a good quality replacement?

Thanks

Cardeau

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Try breakerlink.com, tell them the part you're after and they will email you the details of scrappers who have one and the price. (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ours (2003 Ducato) came off last week. See Broken Link Removed.

We were away in Hereford so had no option but to get one from the local Fiat dealer at a cost of over £60 including VAT :cry: If we had been at home I would have probably gone to eBay - one Broken Link Removede at half the price.

Make sure you have got the spring as well before refitting. In our case the spring and knob flew off to different parts of the van and the spring took a bit of finding. Fitting the new one takes a bit of doing. I've seen somebody mention in the past that they used a rubber mallet. The AA man who did ours covered it with a folder towel and used a lump hammer - scary but it worked :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back