david.h.gto

Free Member
Sep 29, 2009
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Started in mid 70's for 10 years in Bedford Bedouins!
I have a damaged bathroom window on my Rapido 941. Can anyone out there recommend a supplier of replacements? To custom make one the best price so far is £236!:Eeek:
Rapido are looking, but want to supply a complete unit with blinds, stays etc & all I need is the "glass"

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We used EECO for a replacement caravan window

http://www.caravanwindows.co.uk/

some years ago, it does however involve removing the original and sending it to them as a pattern, so the van has to be somehwhere secure and dry-ish (a pal either lent us his carport, or we put it in the factory every night, I forget which now)

Anyway this was a huge front window for an Avondale Osprey and cost from memory about £160 - but it was over 5 years ago.

Absolutely spot on though and only took a few days. We used them because hubby MkI and I had used them for a Hymer caravan side window previously and were equally well -pleased.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi David, Early last summer someone smashed my habitation door window and found it difficult to find replacement locally and when you added fitting (no man here to do it), it was quite expensive. One of the site owners put a piece of ..... sorry senior moment .... the white plastic stuff that comes in sheets:Doh:... cut into a square, over the gap. I have decided to keep it that way for a while as to be honest I feel a bit more secure with it on. It might help you to do that in the interim period.

(Thanks for that posting Sedge. I will have a look there for my window too.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi there,

Last summer when one of our dogs broke his way out of the van via the habitation door window, most places quoted for a whole new door plus frame :cry: Megga bucks :cry:
A friend pointed us in the direction of a company called Magnums near Grimsby, they didn't have just a window in stock but they did have a door from which they had previously sold the inner cover with built in bin and the locking mechanism, they sold us the door with frame for £60, Glenn took the window out of it and fitted it to our van in under an hour :thumb:
They have lots of stock of bits and pieces so maybe worth a phone call to them.

Tina

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
I recently brought a huge sheet of acrylic for about £100 from I think the plastic shop .. 8' by 4' i think

its for a speedboat windscreen ::bigsmile:

not sure what the curves, thickness and tint of your window is, but may be worth considering going similar route..

John

Phyly

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
South Coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
21years
Check out the links page on my new web site

tan

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
windows

I recently had to buy a window for my compass it was a polyplastic window and I got it from "MIRIAD" tel 01263 586060 ordered mon delivered thursday dont know if they can help.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
is it one of these?

Link Removed

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
window

try M Glanville, 27 park st , gosport. hampshire
Link Removed
he breaks caravans and campers, he also buys up old stock, he is a fountain of knowledge,, good luck,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back