Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
Hi

I wondered if anyone can help, particularly any CI Sirio owners out there (but there aren't many!!)

When I bought my van the front window had been replaced with a perspex sheet, it's not great in heavy rain and I don't have any dimensions for the old window. I also suspect that because there aren't many CI Sirios around then I'll struggle to pick up a second hand one.

So, if anyone can give me ideas for getting a suitable window that would be great but I'm also interested in what more experienced folk think about just getting a garage to remove the window completely then block the hole off with new panels inside and out.

I'd be grateful for some advice.

Thanks.

Michael

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Seems like a pretty standard window. Can you give the the size of the appeture? That will help sizing the window, and I will make a few calls and see what we can do!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If the perpex is not cracked or broken why not get it resealed properly ? chances are it could be the original window that the seals have gone -- lots of front facing windows go- lots of makers went to side luton windows for that very reason - I did a seal job a couple of yrs ago -simply took old window out cleaned it all up and resealed/refitted it :thumb:Use caraseal/tigerseal type sealent
terry

OP
OP
T

Toyclean

Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
Hey, thanks for all your comments. I willmeasure the aperture and post the size here but can't get to my vehicle for a bit as I'm too busy with work.

All the best to you all.

Michael

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Toyclean

Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
Okay, so I had the aperture measured. Took ages cos of work then my van was being serviced.

So, I'll be needing a window sized 47.5" long by 14.5" high minimum. The guys at Hitchin Leisure advised me that it would be better to get a window and even if it couldn't be properly fitted it could be bonded to the panel. This is a better solution that the perspex sheet I currently have which is terrible for gathering condensation.

Anyway, if anyone can point me in the direction of a secondhand window with the minimum measurements above that would be great!

Thanks.

Michael

OP
OP
T

Toyclean

Free Member
Feb 25, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
two years
and here's a pic of a van like mine that has the original window at the front.Broken Link Removed

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi you should pick a window up like that easily-try Olearys :thumb: but if the plastic is ok I would remove, clean refit/seal it:thumb:
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back