replace sleeping area window

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Toyclean, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Toyclean

Toyclean Read Only Funster

Hi

I wondered if anyone can help, particularly any CI Sirio owners out there (but there aren't many!!)

When I bought my van the front window had been replaced with a perspex sheet, it's not great in heavy rain and I don't have any dimensions for the old window. I also suspect that because there aren't many CI Sirios around then I'll struggle to pick up a second hand one.

So, if anyone can give me ideas for getting a suitable window that would be great but I'm also interested in what more experienced folk think about just getting a garage to remove the window completely then block the hole off with new panels inside and out.

I'd be grateful for some advice.

Thanks.

Michael

2. tofo

tofo Funster

aany chance of a picture

somtimes easier than dimensions

you may be able to replace with

a slightley larger window

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Seems like a pretty standard window. Can you give the the size of the appeture? That will help sizing the window, and I will make a few calls and see what we can do!

5. Terry

Terry Funster

If the perpex is not cracked or broken why not get it resealed properly ? chances are it could be the original window that the seals have gone -- lots of front facing windows go- lots of makers went to side luton windows for that very reason - I did a seal job a couple of yrs ago -simply took old window out cleaned it all up and resealed/refitted it :thumb:Use caraseal/tigerseal type sealent
    terry

6. Toyclean

Hey, thanks for all your comments. I willmeasure the aperture and post the size here but can't get to my vehicle for a bit as I'm too busy with work.

All the best to you all.

Michael

7. Toyclean

Okay, so I had the aperture measured. Took ages cos of work then my van was being serviced.

So, I'll be needing a window sized 47.5" long by 14.5" high minimum. The guys at Hitchin Leisure advised me that it would be better to get a window and even if it couldn't be properly fitted it could be bonded to the panel. This is a better solution that the perspex sheet I currently have which is terrible for gathering condensation.

Anyway, if anyone can point me in the direction of a secondhand window with the minimum measurements above that would be great!

Thanks.

Michael

8. Toyclean

and here's a pic of a van like mine that has the original window at the front.[​IMG]

9. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi you should pick a window up like that easily-try Olearys :thumb: but if the plastic is ok I would remove, clean refit/seal it:thumb:
    Terry