Rent a Pet! (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I have heard it all now..................:Sad:

To the average British animal lover, the idea of canine timeshare might jar a little. A dog is famously for life, not just for Christmas. Shelters are full of forlorn dogs, surrendered by owners who found themselves without the time or effort to look after an animal.

So perhaps there is sense in the dog hire company Flexpetz opening a branch in London, its first outside the US. There the business is well established, with dogs-for-hire in New York, San Diego and Los Angeles.

To borrow a dog for four days a month costs a tail-drooping monthly fee of £279 in the UK (in the US, it's $279.95) - plus extra for drop-off and collection, if needed. The company says the high cost of maintaining and paying for vets' bill explains the disparity. The target clientele in London will be much like those who have signed up in Los Angeles and New York - urbanites whose busy lives make full-time pet ownership difficult. So far it says 100 have pre-registered in London.

More on this bizarre story HERE

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Sharon,

Do they come with collision Damage waiver insurance?:Eeek:

and is it Bona-Fido

Last edited:

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hmmm, don't like this idea at all. It uses animals as a rentable object without taking into account what the animal wants.

Sure, they'll probably get more fuss, walks etc on their rented out days, but at the end of the day most dogs like to go home to their own bed, in their own corner of their own house. :Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sure, they'll probably get more fuss, walks etc on their rented out days, but at the end of the day most dogs like to go home to their own bed, in their own corner of their own house. :Smile:

Arfurs no problem. he comes with his own cage and diamond waistcoat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

So far it says 100 have pre-registered in London - £30k so far if they all give it at least one go - sounds like a winner.

Me - I would not even rent out the wife - or the RV - let alone my pet. But for some it will be seen as the latest "must have" handbag

stew

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I find this very sad pets need a stable environment after the very sad loss of our dog Zac we are hopefully taking on a rescued dog Cobey. He is only six months old and has had three owners so far! The first took him to training had him microchipped,innoculated and neutered, then couldn't cope! he was then sold on the internet that owner had him a week and sold him through the free adds! The next owner had young children and could not cope with a large boistrous puppy so put him in to be put to sleep!

He has been in the rescue for a month now we have visited him 3 times and are awaiting ahome visit and will be happy to have him as apet and give him the stable home he requires!

Link Removed

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back