Renewing your Household insurance with ccc? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Just had my renewal for household insurance from CCC .
Thought that it had gone up quite a bit! So did a check with other companies and found another company with EXACTLY the same coverage £140 cheaper. Warning don't just renew check around.

Colyboy

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Seems to be the same with practically all subscriptions these days, they lure you in with a competitive price and then take the p*ss if you don't shop round in subsequent years. No appreciation at all of customer loyalty, just trying to take advantage. Hopefully one day it'll go the way of PPI and be legislated against as a 'sharp practice'. Grrr :mad: (rant over) (y) :)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I insured with them (C&CC) for the house for years, and had also been with them for 9 years with a succession of motorhomes too. Of course each year was dearer than the last. It just got so high I decided to shop around. When I asked for a competitive quote for the house, they wanted to know what I had been quoted elsewhere. Like I'm going to tell them. Obviously they wanted to quote just a bit less to retain my business. I asked them to give me their lowest quote without my telling them what my cheapest quote was. They got my business in the end, but really I just would prefer to stick with the one company who I could trust to give me the lowest price. Therefore, at van insurance renewal time a few weeks later I again decided to shop around, and got a better price. Another highly rated broker gave me a quote which was higher than I had got elsewhere. So I went with the lowest priced company, and a few minutes later that highly rated company phoned back with a £40 cheaper quote. Too late, I'd gone elsewhere. They do mess you around. Brand loyalty indeed. No more C&CC for me at this rate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I got a quote from them, nearly 4 time what I was paying with another company or only twice as much if the flood cover only paid out for flood over 2m deep on the property, I told where they could go.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
prices vary, but not all insurance policies are created equal. recently did battle over the renewals for cars, home and motorhome. i checked other insurers via go compare and others and chose the best 2 quotes and compared to current insurers policy. all of them were cheaper than current policies but with slightly worse terms. however when i discussed this with my current insurers, they all dropped their renewal price from the quote

my advice is read the small print before jumping ship and always haggle the price

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're with Home Protect and find them a lot cheaper with the same or better coverage than on other good policies!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just a thought, I've just changed the insurance for our holiday lodges - it was with Adrian Flux on a 14-day money back guarantee for £779 for both of them including the hot tubs (expensive policies but still the cheapest I could find at the time!), this gave me time to shop around - I managed to get it via Sharrock Insurance broker for ... wait for it ... £263 for both!!!!! Although this doesn't cover the hot tubs I could have cover for those as well for an extra £301 making a total of £564 ... still a LOT cheaper than Adrian Flux.

In the end I spoke to the site and they have agreed to cover the hot tubs themselves for damage/liability as they are looking after them anyway.

So I've just saved us £516!!!!! Yay!!!!!

Sharrocks do house insurance too - actually the policy I have is provided by the Salvation Army (SAGIC) and they have a site themselves if anyone wants to go direct, link to Sharrocks below:

http://www.sharrockinsurance.co.uk/

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I just would prefer to stick with the one company who I could trust to give me the lowest price.

No such company, unless you live nearby Peter Pan.
They are not there to do you any favours, they are all there to maximise their profits and you'd better watch out - unfortunately they don't wear a mask!!!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
No such company, unless you live nearby Peter Pan.
They are not there to do you any favours, they are all there to maximise their profits and you'd better watch out - unfortunately they don't wear a mask!!!
I agree, pie in the sky. It's still what I would prefer! All this shopping around, double dealing, swopping facts and figures and other details around, trying to understand the implications of the small print that the insurance company can twist to avoid payment. It's a nightmare.

Aug 5, 2012
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 644.
Exp
since 1970's
Just had my renewal from CC&C and as we have been abroad every year for the last four we renewed each time as there was little rise in the cost.
It has gone up by £50 this year so i tried a comparison site with cheaper prices but when you looked at the small print and extras some of them came in double the CC&C price.

Snowbirds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back