Renewing license at 70 (1 Viewer)

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Read about proposals to increase this to 75/80 a couple years ago and the articles are still on Google.
On radio 4 this morning I half heard that it was being raised to 75, I cannot find out when or anything else.
Anybody hear the full item or know any more about it?

Nov 3, 2014
Devizes, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For ten years
Hope it does it is getting close to that time will be watching this thread closely fingers crossed it will before January .thanks for info.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there was something on the telly earl this morning about folk living longer etc .
possibly be like mots on vehicles they wanted more to have them then realised it was impossible so gave exemption to all pre 60,s vehicles .

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Just going through the pain at the moment after 3 months go for my exercise ECG in 10 days. I suspect if they do chage it to 75 I will be over 75 so will get no benefit. The thing that really gets my got is the knowledge that in the three months I suspect there has been little more that an hours work done by all involved, what a waste.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I have just renewed my entitlement for the second time. It is no problem if you are reasonably fit. If you are not them it is a good thing to have a second opinion that you are fit to drive. Personally I think all older drivers should have to undergo a medical for any class rather that self certifying they are fit to drive.

This time the doctor thought he detected a heart murmur. I went for a Echo Scan and that came back "satisfactory no further action needed". I would rather have it detected if I had one, rather than not.
I know I have an eyesight problem, (since childhood caused by measles) so have an opticians appointment every year. The year I don't meet the (Grandfathers rights) HGV standard, is they year I stop, no matter how long I have left on my licence.

Next renewal I will be over 75, so any set back of the date will not affect me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back