Renewing license at 70

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Electraglide, May 28, 2016.

1. Electraglide

Electraglide Funster

Read about proposals to increase this to 75/80 a couple years ago and the articles are still on Google.
    On radio 4 this morning I half heard that it was being raised to 75, I cannot find out when or anything else.
    Anybody hear the full item or know any more about it?

2. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Funster

Hope it does it is getting close to that time will be watching this thread closely fingers crossed it will before January .thanks for info.

3. Zains Pops

Zains Pops Funster

It is currently a proposal. No action planned as yet.

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

there was something on the telly earl this morning about folk living longer etc .
    possibly be like mots on vehicles they wanted more to have them then realised it was impossible so gave exemption to all pre 60,s vehicles .

5. maxi77

maxi77 Funster

Just going through the pain at the moment after 3 months go for my exercise ECG in 10 days. I suspect if they do chage it to 75 I will be over 75 so will get no benefit. The thing that really gets my got is the knowledge that in the three months I suspect there has been little more that an hours work done by all involved, what a waste.

6. Electraglide

Electraglide Funster

7. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

I have just renewed my entitlement for the second time. It is no problem if you are reasonably fit. If you are not them it is a good thing to have a second opinion that you are fit to drive. Personally I think all older drivers should have to undergo a medical for any class rather that self certifying they are fit to drive.

This time the doctor thought he detected a heart murmur. I went for a Echo Scan and that came back "satisfactory no further action needed". I would rather have it detected if I had one, rather than not.
    I know I have an eyesight problem, (since childhood caused by measles) so have an opticians appointment every year. The year I don't meet the (Grandfathers rights) HGV standard, is they year I stop, no matter how long I have left on my licence.

Next renewal I will be over 75, so any set back of the date will not affect me.