renewal time again---HELP!! advice please!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by walmic, Jan 23, 2013.

1. walmic

walmic Read Only Funster

Hi everyone!!

our motorhome renewal is due in the next 2 weeks!

now, currently with the caravan club who insure through devitts insurance. renewal is £240 ish, which on the face of it is not too bad. HOWEVER, we spend alot of time abroad, so in the past have also taken out their european ( red pennant) breakdown cover, this year the quote is £240 ONTOP of the insurance.

got a quote from COMFORT insurance for £296-98 INCLUDING european breakdown, this is covered by RAC motorcaravan assist.

also got a quote from SAGA insurance for £262-60 INCLUDING european breakdown, this is covered by the AA motorhome assist.

NOW has anyone any info on either of these 2 , particularly the european breakdown , compared to the c/clu red pennant.

our van is a swift sundance 590rs ( with which we are delighted) and we are both in our 60's!!

2. Terence

Terence Read Only Funster

3. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Try Safeguard. They offer 365 days European insurance with breakdown cover for roughly the same price as the two you've quoted. Website here

4. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Does your rig fit within the weight and size restrictions of the nominated recovery organisations, if so, either, I understand RAC have a good reputation

5. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Get AA European Breakdown

They were brilliant when we had a big problem last year. Sent the van back to UK on a transporter, gave us a large hire car, paid hotel expenses and even supplied a UK reg car at Calais to get us all the way home.

They wouldn't pay for a suitcase though!!!

Catherine

6. Viennese

Viennese Funster

PS

We were with Safeguard and had their AA European option...

7. peter125

peter125 Read Only Funster

re insurance

safeguard do it for me its all there if you need it :Cool:

8. The Dude

The Dude Funster

MH Insurance

I vote Safeguard too.

9. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Am with safeguard and they get my vote:thumb:

10. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

We use Saga, they are very good, I made a claim last year, no claims protected, very good, so no problem. I have euro cover but have not had to use it.
    Prices were the best I could get.

11. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

I am with safeguard but renewal is due i two weeks thinking about going back with comfort for two reasons one is price and the other is service i had a problem with safeguard when i changed van on holiday .When i got back home there was a message left on my answerphone saying as i had not returned there calls they had cancelled my policy.I was not a happy bunny even after they appoligised.Would they have been so understanding if i had to make a claim i dont think so.
    PS they did have my mobile no they used it to call me at dealers.:Angry:

12. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

Changed from Safeguard to Comfort last august mainly because their foreign deal was better.

Safeguard simply would not cover some places (eg morocco) for recovery. Comfort said if their recovery people could not do it we could pay ourselves, and claim it back from them later. And for us comfort was cheaper.

But one thing I worry about, comfort is a net policy, ie equiv to max no claims discount but there is in fact no no claims discount. This is fine when you are with Comfort but could it be a problem if you leave them?