Renault trafik r reg.

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by margareth, Feb 16, 2014.

1. margareth

margareth Read Only Funster

I know not as glamorous as the motorhomes you all seem to own, but this will be our first one and we don't know if we will stick to it. My friend has told us about a deisel R registered Renault Trafik for sale. Can you tell me what kind of things I need to ask when I look at it please? Thank you.

2. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

Loved the old Trafics, had a few.

Not much to check than any other van of the same age, rust most important - fixing mechanics is easier than fixing rot

Only 'daft' problem I had was drivers side window winder - on 2 vans

Only other problem would be finding spares - but that is the same for any van

Good luck - any MH is better than no MH !:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Funster

Good luck with your van our 1st was R reg Transit which we used for 4 years and took us 4500 miles round 10 countries last year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spenders

Spenders

"not as glamorous"...... give over missus! If you fall for the Renault it will be as wonderful to you as a vehicle costing many times as much.... and any motorhomer that looks down on your pride and joy should be treated with the contempt they deserve!

My motorhome cost me a lot more than some can afford or want to pay, but not nearly as much as many others. Is it better or worse than others? No.. but it's mine and I love her to bits. I love looking at other vehicles though.. seeing how the same function is done on differently or getting ideas as to how to improve my MH.

My Dad has a 'P' reg Autosleeper Romero based on a Renault Trafic and it's a lovely motor. He loves it and uses it as a daily driver, which I certainly couldn't do with mine.

Have a good look at the Renault and be cautious, but if it's the one.. go for it!

Simon:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  5. margareth

Thank you all. I am so pleased I asked ... I am on a borrowed computer so nearly didn't .... I will phone up today and go and look at it. Will let you know what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  6. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Thanks Paul, have been racking my brain trying to think of that, we had a Eriba Car on a Renult Traffic, great van, that forum has a awful lot of knowledge and helpful, would definately check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. margareth

Thank you all again. Carol it is joy who told me about it as she thought it might be good for her daughter but not to be..... I have been phoning the number all day but no answer.... Hope that doesn't mean I am too late. Will keep on looking though.

9. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

Good luck with your search Margaret. As others have stated anyone who would look down on you for owning an older van is not worth knowing.
    We certainly love MH Fun, not for the vehicles people own but for the people themselves. :thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mick James

Mick James Read Only Funster

I've had 2 Trafics, one pop up and one high top. Had loads of fun in both and camped all over the country. Now got a 20 year old Swift, a lot of teething but who cares, I enjoy it.