Renault traffic 1985

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by froghopper, Jul 17, 2013.

1. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

Good evening, this is serious. And I really need help. For a while now I have had a fuel problem, long run short run hot or cold. Engine starts, drives about 300 yards then peters out. Have tried lots. Plugs. Electrics and associated parts. Changed carb. Fuel filter, fuel pump. If I take pump off, press plunger and replace, engine starts, if I don't press plunger it often starts. Off to France next Monday,,, help,,,, if I take rocker cover off ? Will I find a slide from cam that is stuck, what pushes the pump slide in and out,,,,?....?? Sorry it's a lot to ask. But. Running out of options, cheers froghopper

2. keithcdb

keithcdb Read Only Funster

Could be worth checking the vacuum pipes from the inlet manifold and the inlet manifold gasket. Drawing in extra air could be your problem.

Hope you get it sorted :thumb:

3. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

Have you tried draining fuel tank, an old van of mine had water in the petrol (condensation from standing).

4. chaser

chaser Funster

Definitely look in tank small filter in tank pulling muck in then letting it drop again when it stops over and over seen it many times