Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
I had a problem in france in July.

Parked up for lunch 40 miles south of Dieppe for ferry, then would not start called Saga/AA tow truck arrived 20 mins later, he hot wired it & I followed him to a local garage. They charged me 50 euro claiming dirty terminals.

Next morning would not start again, saga/aa again this time they hit the starter with a long handled screwdriver to start.

Continued hitting the starter each time I stopped till I got home.

Sometimes whilst the engine was running and in neutral I was unable to select drive, I switched off the engine & restarted it and got gears ok.

Got home went to my local garage.

Now the engine will not start after leaving overnite till he hot wires it, then ok each time he turns it off & on including engaging gears ,till he leaves it a couple of hours then has to hot wire it again.

has had computer connected to it to which it came up with about 10 fault codes, which he then cleared down. I think it has got him confused, but he will not be beaten. I dont have any fault lights showing, most confused.com

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have heard other owners had a problem on the Result and it turned out to be the drivers door switch which was causing the fault. Apparently it is a safety feature.

OP
OP
cpease

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
I have heard other owners had a problem on the Result and it turned out to be the drivers door switch which was causing the fault. Apparently it is a safety feature.
Thanks for the reply, had that problem 3/4years in spain so that was the first thing I checked in France. Also heard of another situation where 2 heater plugs were off causing similer problems. Even heard where a lamp out can cause these problems. Comfused.com may be able to help!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back