Renault Master Based Motorhome. (1 Viewer)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi, any Renault Master Based motorhomers out there, I have a 2006 model Coachbuilt, the mirror mounting has broken and its difficult or costly to get a replacement...see Photo...so I am thinking of buying 2 replacements of a standard fit, do any of you have standard fit type fitted... the arms on mine are extended but the vehicle is narrow...bit of a misfit actually, I can change both mirrors for about £100 more or less. Worth doing.?

20160726_175704 (1).jpg

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We have a 2014 R/master,later on,i will go down into the yard and measure the inner and outer most points of the mirrors. YOU have the easy bit....... Find out if the external cab measurements are roughly the same LOL!
Ours is the Standard LWB R/Master,so has the original mirror arms as fitted for "White van man",now how does this bit go.......
"i will get back to you,us R/ master drivers need to stick together,against the sub standard drivers....OOOOPS VANS ,VANS phew,driven by other members LOL ie.Poogot and Fate LOL
Tea Bag

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
I have same extended arms on a dethleffs, paid £55 for replacement glass and cracked it when fitting. Dealer refused to fit as they break so many.
If you do change to short arm I would be interested in buying nearside complete unit.
Cheers Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I have same extended arms on a dethleffs, paid £55 for replacement glass and cracked it when fitting. Dealer refused to fit as they break so many.
If you do change to short arm I would be interested in buying nearside complete unit.
Cheers Jim
Hi Jim...fine by me...but will my mirror be the correct one for you....is your mh rhd or lhd, and have you ever considered fitting short arm replacements, as per my original post.
Jumar

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi.
We have a 2014 R/master,later on,i will go down into the yard and measure the inner and outer most points of the mirrors. YOU have the easy bit....... Find out if the external cab measurements are roughly the same LOL!
Ours is the Standard LWB R/Master,so has the original mirror arms as fitted for "White van man",now how does this bit go.......
"i will get back to you,us R/ master drivers need to stick together,against the sub standard drivers....OOOOPS VANS ,VANS phew,driven by other members LOL ie.Poogot and Fate LOL
Tea Bag
Cheers Teabag, I will wait your reply......great help.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Mine is RHD and I require nearside, Dethleffs is wide bodied and needs long arms

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Mine is RHD and I require nearside, Dethleffs is wide bodied and needs long arms
Then I may be able to help you, if, my Brother in Law confirms that buying 2 short arm type will be a better option for me...I am currently at home in Spain.....16th August I am in North Nottinghamshire [Retford] I can update you about this time....I will send you a PM with my contact details.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Noted....

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Cheers Teabag, I will wait your reply......great help.
Hi.
These measurements are with the doors and windows closed and are taken from outside. RHD !
1 N/side. horizontaly, From the door window to the OUTSDE edge of the Big Mirror glass itself 27 cm. Total height of Black Mirror holder 25 There is a little mirror underneath the big one.
2,Off side. From the door window,to the OUTSIDE edge of the big mirror glass itself. 30cm.
Checked the swivels on the door,the main bracket affixed to the van body,has an inside measurement of 12-12.5? cm,and the mirror assembly fits inside this.
I have also measured across the top of the two seats in the front,from door pillar to door pillar it was 157 thingy's
The shroud that holds the mirrors stick out just a smidgin more,but i will look up the book with all dimensions in it It is aRenault Master LM 35?
Hope you can understand this,as i am beggining to doubt that English is my first language,reading it back. LOL
Tea Bag
PS. Just a reminder,the measurements are to the Outsde edge of the Mirror Glass,not the outer edge of the shrouds.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We what can I say.....lets start by saying THANKYOU....this is a great help, your information is just perfect for me to decide if the short arm mirrors will be OK....just by reading your post has 90% convinced me that what you have is what I want.
Going out into the heat now to get the tape measure and do the job correctly....Thanks again...sound advice.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
No problem. Just be advised,that the width of mine is 2.470 (On paper ?) so,if the gap you are heading for is 2.470.... Take a RUN at it LOL.Onwards and upwards.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi.
These measurements are with the doors and windows closed and are taken from outside. RHD !
1 N/side. horizontaly, From the door window to the OUTSDE edge of the Big Mirror glass itself 27 cm. Total height of Black Mirror holder 25 There is a little mirror underneath the big one.
2,Off side. From the door window,to the OUTSIDE edge of the big mirror glass itself. 30cm.
Checked the swivels on the door,the main bracket affixed to the van body,has an inside measurement of 12-12.5? cm,and the mirror assembly fits inside this.
I have also measured across the top of the two seats in the front,from door pillar to door pillar it was 157 thingy's
The shroud that holds the mirrors stick out just a smidgin more,but i will look up the book with all dimensions in it It is aRenault Master LM 35?
Hope you can understand this,as i am beggining to doubt that English is my first language,reading it back. LOL
Tea Bag
PS. Just a reminder,the measurements are to the Outsde edge of the Mirror Glass,not the outer edge of the shrouds.
Been out with tape measure...without doubt the short arm mirror that you have fitted will fit mine.....I have just checked the vehicle handbook and all the vehicles from panel vans to small flatbed trucks have short arm mirrors,
why my base vehicle had the long arm mirrors fitted I do not know...as said before a mismatch. Going to the UK in two weeks, I shall buy a couple there...job done. Great, glad Judith told me to post.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
just spotted this post ,so to confirm your findings here's mine with what looks like standard fit.renault mster 2004/2005
mirrors.jpg

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thankyou, your photo has helped greatly, these mirrors are different to the ones I have seen on the net.
I can see how much you can view, mine protude way beyond, this is not needed as my van is like yours but a Tramp 514 GT model.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I have a Master with long arms but they move the mirror forward more than out if that makes sense. Those mirrors look nice I assume they still have demister etc electrics ?

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I have a Master with long arms but they move the mirror forward more than out if that makes sense. Those mirrors look nice I assume they still have demister etc electrics ?
The replacements I have seen do have the same electrics....I agree about the mirror being forward too much, such a strange set up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back