Removing stickers (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, the previous owner has put a few stickers on the back window. I have a couple of my own I would like to put up but don't want to have stickers everywhere. What's the best way to remove them without leaving residue or scratching the window?

Thanks

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Definitely a hair dryer, be patient not too hot, Any residue can be removed with Tar & Glue Remover available at any car cleaning outlet. (non abrasive won't hurt the window)

Hope this Helps.................Griff.....:thumb:

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It's usually a combination of tricks. The hairdryer is great for removing the bulk. This "May" however leave some residue. At which point you need to either know your adhesives or be prepared to mess around.

You will then need to experiment with the different solvents such as wd40 or isopropyl alcohol. chances are the first one will not work but keep going you will find one that does. Best not to work the surface too hard as it will damage it and the results are rarely good. If the first thing you try doesn't work don't push it. Wipe it off and rinse. Try the next thing.

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
lighter fluid does it

As the fluid evaporates it is safe to use to remove on lables.. we have used this trick for years.. on books to remove price tickets .. the wet just goes as it dries out.. tip it on to the edge of the lable and it will works its way behind and through it.. may have to do it a couple of times but it works...

Been using it on model (toys) boxes for years to remove price tickets as well, as the box is important in value to not have marked or damaged with price tickets.

I used it on my RV to remover the supplying dealers stickers as well.

Bob:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks to everyone

Stickers removed.

New issue. How do I get WD40 out of seat covers?

Only kidding. If I had got WD40 on the seats I wouldn't be typing this:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back