Removing stainless wheel trims (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all
I have recently obtained a Hurricane 30q triton. How do you remove wheel trims for wheel changing. These are 19.5 inch wheels and the ss trims have no external screws. One of the nut covers has a cut on one face.
Is there a special tool for removal, please help

Larry:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi Larry probably two of the nuts are "real" and hold on the trim. The best way to check is to move the nuts side to side by hand. Those that flex the stainless steel are the dummy ones and the ones that feel solid are the "real ones" that hold the trim on by screwing onto the exposed part of the thread above the original nuts.

There is a special tool to remove them, but this is at best a plastci coated socket. Find a socket that is the exact size, ensure that there is not grease or grit in the socket or on the "real" trim nut and you will be fine. The are not capable of being torqued up to the same as the original wheel nuts under the trim.

Hope this helps

Eddie

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Larry
Eddies correct there are 2 types of trim for these RV's " clip on " like the ones on cars that just pull off and " bolt on " the ones Eddies explaining to you,the 2 opposing " dummy " wheel nuts hold the trim in place on a stud extender that fits to your wheel behind the trim, you should have had a T shape socket wrench with the bus for removal purpose if not then find a socket to fit they don't need to be as tight as a real wheel nut

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
The two chrome nuts with a mark on will be opposite to each other on the wheel, on mine these just pull off. behind them are nuts that hold the trim to the wheel.

Regards

Lampie

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I used a Spanish Peage to remove mine, when i didn't have a Peage handy a welsh sheep trailer did the trick.

Hope this helps:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks all i'll give it a go, with the exception of the sheep!!

Larry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Ah Yes I'd nearly forgotten Jim, didn't you (Edit) ALSO learn a way of removing them on your drive on the way home from Travelworld on your inaugural trip:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back