Removing Satellite System

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by enjohn49, Feb 23, 2015.

1. enjohn49

enjohn49

Hi, can anyone help me with the removal of a Oyster Vision satellite system please? I am about to change my motorhome and am going to remove the system myself. I have removed previous systems before, however I am not sure of how to remove the control panel as it is different to the last one I removed. The system is about 3 years old and has the small control panel with 3 buttons at the bottom. I think it may just be stuck on, but I don't want to attack it and then find that it was screwed on! I suspect it would all end in tears!!:cry: Any guidance on this would really be appreciated. Thank you

2. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

There are (should be) removeable panels either end that clip on. There will be screws behind the two panels. There is also a slot for an SD card should the system ever need updating

Thats the easy bit.

Removing the roof panel cable and gland will make you sweat. No tricks just a chees wire, blades and a selection of scrapers to do the job

Good luck ;) post if you need more help

• Like Like x 1
  3. enjohn49

enjohn49

Thanks for your reply. Are any type of blanking plugs available for the entry gland?

4. eddievanbitz

5. enjohn49

enjohn49

Thanks once again. The other alternative I had considered, was leaving the cable then renewing when refitting the system. I have also sent a request for a quote.

6. eddievanbitz

That will be expensive. We tend to leave the plate as it is more cost effective for our customers to buy a new one than pay us by the hour to remove it. if you have plenty of time that is a different matter.

7. enjohn49

enjohn49

I will remove the old system myself but would need to have it refitted professionally. I have just looked at the control panel and it appears that the installer decided to stick the unit (with self adhesive pad?) instead of fitting it into a housing!