Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
recently fitted two solar panels and a sat dome, but now find i need to re jig the roof, so biggest concern was the removal of the pu adhesive..
i used a fine wire tool to cut the feet off... the only point there is to keep the pull as low / flat as possible especially if the feet are plastic , or the wire starts to cut into them and jams up...
the remaining adhesive removed by scraping and the handiest tool for that was a little scraper that held a stanley knife type blade..
after that a light sand then a rub down with a scotch pad and white spirit, before washing ..
wouldn't know they had ever been there now :D
as an aside i did try finding out if there was anything i had that would soften the adhesive...
i had test samples lying in petrol, diesel, white spirit , acetone, cellulose thinners, silicon remover ,for a number of days and have to say didn't have much effect on the adhesive, so unless someone can tell me differently, mechanical means seems to be the only way to remove the stuff...
andy

OP
OP
andy63

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Yes, it does work, but you could've purchased a power tool to do the whole job. I'm still trying to convince the wife that I need one - an ultrasonic saw! :D
i hope you arnt taking the pee, :LOL: I'm off for a google:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back